Thread: MSI 990FXA-GD65 BIOS showing high CPU temperature

MSI 990FXA-GD65 BIOS showing high CPU temperature

I don’t know whether it is a motherboard issue or the BIOS issue but the thing is the MSI 990FXA-GD65 BIOS showing high CPU temperature. The readings are as follows:
    • 60C - BIOS
    • 47C - Windows
    • Real BIOS temperature - 43
    • Real Windows Temperature - 30

I don't consider it's a defective sensor, reason while I disable Core Unlock within the BIOS menu, at that moment every one of three cores are showing 30C. Is there somewhat I can carry out otherwise they have to bring up to date the BIOS code?

Re: MSI 990FXA-GD65 BIOS showing high CPU temperature

Not at all heard that Intel motherboards, it does. At AMD mainrboards would at rest be times when was an error, letting a incorrect, excessively elevated temperature was approved. One cause might be that there is not (sufficient) thermal paste among your CPU as well as your heatsink is. Power supply difficulty appears barred. Antec is recognized that the stresses are approximately forever spot-on. Furthermore, it moreover weighty enough.

Well, 47 C is not consistent with reality, because it is much hotter, the think times 50-70 C is more the reality (in the), but indicates that the MSI 127 C! As can agree what is not, what bios version you have on it? My MSI shows always in the 59-66 C, MSI board always count on a few C (50-10 C depending on BIOS version) and how does the Asus. Maybe once you look under the CPU sits where the temp sensor, it should be something on the press (on the bottom).

Maybe the temp sensor is out? MSI exchanged something I do without problems. Which program you use to read the CPU temperature, and is already in the BIOS displays such a high CPU temperature? If so, then it's probably really a defect in the board. The problem was probably more often, lately, and the only Newcastle CPUs (AX). Is well on MainBoard that temperatures can be read wrong. It should eventually be resolved by new BIOS.

I'm with my MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM also the same problem. With me is the "MSI Core Center" for the CPU 50 C displayed when it is completely idle. And if I run the prime test until it no longer is higher, then he always swings between 66-67C back and forth. When I had assembled the PC, I thought I get a heart attack. Thanks to that topic, I know there's not only me like this, that alone helps me even a little further. However, at the beginning that it was only at Newcastle CPUs (with high temperature shown). I have an Athlon 64 3200 + Clawhammer. If there really is only a problem of the board, that would be great. With the high temp I would hardly dare to let the PC continue.

I have now found that it's probably the cpu smart fan mode. Although he is thinking to enable the computer that he is from and let the fan run full jug. Only reboot when it seems right to check. The cpu temperature is so high at the beginning and goes, according to program, after about 5 minutes of operation down without a reboot.

No, this is a well-known in the board is with me as well. The error should be corrected with a BIOS update, which is not the case, despite testimony from MSI. I have long since looked up at MSI, maybe they've fixed the bug in the meantime. After a warm start, the temperature is displayed correctly. The first time you do not boot. That must have C & Q irgendie related, because if my CPU is busy, will appear in the Core Temp program correctly Cell. Once the CPU is clocked down, spins the CPU temperature and is again lower than the chipset temperature.