Thread: Power supply for MSI 880GM-E41

Power supply for MSI 880GM-E41

I always get stuck in getting a proper power supply for my computer. It is not a the first time I fell in this confusion. I want to inquire if the present power supply I have will be enough to the system I’m making. Here are the details:
    • Motherboard: MSI 880GM-E41
    • Processor: AMD PhenomII x2 560 BE
    • Memory:4GB GSkill Ripjaw Series (2x2GB) DDR3
    • 500GB WD Caviar Blue
    • CD/DVD -RW (DL) Drive

The first PSU I am talking about is PSU - PowerUp LP6100D with DC Output 400w MAX . I have an additional PSU to employ as well: Tiger Pro LC-B350 ATX -MAX TOTAL WATTAGE 350W. Which one is enough for now?

Re: Power supply for MSI 880GM-E41

These power supplies are terrible quality and therefore, are very dangerous. Why? To offer products at prices so low, builders are cutting back on everything: too small transformer, capacitors and noticed extremely low quality components. In the end, displaying the power outputs ranging from 480 to 750W are not able to charge more than 200 to 250W.
    • Power ridiculous and false
    • No respect for safety standards in force for nine years and no protection, so that the power supply can explode at any moment, taking in 70% - of cases, other components. Note that there have been few cases of fire due to these feeds.
    • Tensions very unstable, which slowly destroys all components of the PC
    • Poor performance, so higher consumption in the decision, and thus on the electric bill a good power supply.
    • Noise pollution high.
    • Connection Limited

You had to know what your pc to component and then you have to know how much power they eat. The 400W you say that can bring the powerful 400W power supply. But not the 60W processor and NEN ode 120Watt even eat. And still current need at least 400watts... But most of the power supplies to bring in the best case 87% of the wattage. The wattage is not indicated in any case in itself is roughly meant to assess performance of the power supply. Eight of the case, but please if it is to have enough ports (ie the x6 and x8 PCIe connectors), and (in amperes) to a suitable output power.

500W PSU will be sufficient, but if you want to upgrade in the future you could do with more. Remember a bigger PSU necessarily not use more electricity they will deliver the same amount of power at all (except when it is too low). All modern PSUs are the connectors for hard disks and hard drives, so they really aren’t SATA cables, but I cannot remember. They will also come with 6-pin connectors for graphics cards, molex connectors components some fan controllers. Most will come with 20 +4 pin connectors

Power supplies (PSU) to have an efficiency of 80% or more. In other words, 80% of electricity from your PSU should be consumed by your computer. A PSU always consumes more electricity than it provides to a computer. This loss in efficiency is mainly owed to the choice of internal electronic components of the PSU. By choosing a good PSU will reduce our electricity consumption, so it saves money, and also our part for the environment.

80 + standard is a standard managed by an agency. Manufacturers wishing to participate should send their PSU, where it will perform tests to assess the effectiveness of the latter. After the validation of results, manufacturers pay to market their product with the 80 + logo on the packaging and in the specifications. Some manufacturers do not pay for this certification at all times, even if their product is effective as the standard. In this case, if you see Active PFC in product characteristics, it is very likely that the PSU is very effective in use. It is recommended to consult the "reviews" (testing) online through websites that do it, to ensure the quality of the PSU.