Thread: My system crashes because of faulty memory controller/motherboard while playing games

My system crashes because of faulty memory controller/motherboard while playing games

Hey guys I have a problem while playing game on my computer . my system is crashing while I am playing Battlefield Bad Company , the ball and Black Ops . I never touch any setting on my game or computer I left everything normal and default it passed a 34 hour blend and 5 hour furmark test during that blend and then its crash with blue screen error but it didn’t also did a 500 run LinX passed after 17 hours with no errors. I tried all kind of setting adjustment but I can’t find any result . I also tested the memory my Gskill ram and there is no error I also used single Corsair ram but still facing the same problem what might the issue be

Re: My system crashes because of faulty memory controller/motherboard while playing games

I don’t know what the problem you might be facing but I think I have came across the same kind of trouble with my computer. I tried many setting adjustment but fail to obtain the correct result then I actually found the reason for the problem I was facing actually in my GPU the core temperature was maxed at 88.5c and that is very hot then what it can take and my CPU Vcore voltage was also jumping irrationally even with C&Q was enable the raise was like 1.312v to 1.45v . that was the main cause of problem in my system you should probably check for that

Re: My system crashes because of faulty memory controller/motherboard while playing games

I think I can help you to get rid of this problem. But I can’t assure you that weather this will going to help you or not, it’s solve my problem I would be glad if I could be any help just check your Ram Timing try to change it to says 52 and see what change this could have . I guess your Ram timing would be somewhere around 33. Thought you should know that the lowest the Ram timing will result in highest the performance but it’s also make your system little bit unstable and I know that . in my system if I try to rum my Ram Timing below 50 it become unstable . its just an idea just give a try to it and see if its works

That is one nice tip that you have given about Ram Timing I will defiantly try this and post the result and see whether it’s actually works or not but I have different solution for the same problem I one updated my Video card but its uninstalled my chipset drives also after that I update my chipset drivers from my motherboard website which solve my all problem you may probably check your chipset drivers and update it. This is the common issue that you have outdated drivers .check all your drivers and make sure that its up to date

I got that problem few month ago and did some reach on it and find the reason I notice that my video card was running very hot it was showing the maximum temperature of 88.5c . and I was told that CF should never get that hot because if it’s get so hot and comes 85C then the system starts to crash may be this is the problem with you computer your video card may be getting overheated . try to set your speed to 100% and see if this works . also try some another video card and make sure this is not the 6970 that causing problem

Have you at least try to consider whether it may not be you compute may be this problem was caused by the game its self I had crash my computer when I was playing Black Ops I did all the test and was not able to get to any conclusion then when I tried harder I found out that there was a problem in my game so I did reinstallation od the game and that works fine for me may be you problem would GPU driver and temperature . you should use driver sweeper a software in safe mode and reinstall drives and game . I can’t say anything about temperature .