Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 doesn't light LED and no POST

MSI 790FX-GD70 doesn't light LED and no POST

I have been using MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard from the past one year and finally I got one issue today. My monitor was blank today when I came back to computer. For that reason I rebooted the PC but nothing came up on the motherboard. Each and every one the lights were ON plus blue apart from of the 5 power phase lights, which was off. The HDD red light was on although no HDD/DVD was coupled. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 doesn't light LED and no POST

Make sure that everything is properly reconnected to the 4 pin for the CPU and the connector on the graphics card? You can also sometimes try to jack "CPU fan" A fan hanging to it already existed when the board did not start because there is no agitator's turn. In fact, if I unscrew the motherboard and just put the insulation on my body, illuminate the POST LEDs and organs through their whole funny codes. So it actually seems to have been due to short circuits. Good thing I have demand, the idea I would never come. After all, nothing seems to be broken by the components.

The POST issue does not ever look too good. Are ways, as it comes to this display are many. Not least, a failed BIOS flash could be responsible. Since you bought the computer used, so he was completely within the built-in hardware? So you have nothing further to add components? If possible, I would hold your place at no great faxes can come back to the previous owner of the box.

Are you sure you also that the power supply is in order. Before yesterday had the problem that my new, used mini ITX board was to test on the table, power supply turn what was previously 1A and it turned just the CPU fan full pipe and there was no picture, got RAM Module exchanged was on the verge ne test CPU to buy or have taken the dealer on the corner until I have another NT. Since everything was 1A.

AM3 processors are designed to operate stably with DDR3 to 1333MHz, while the boards support the challenging memories to 1600, the processor, therefore BIOS automatically reduces the bus to prevent the system instability; to climb over the bus, as you say, you have to make a small OC to the latencies of the RAM, although not technically an OC but involves playing with some rather delicate values such as voltage. Anyway, my recommendation is that you drop everything but not so as we bring you to 1600, the difference with 1333 is not going to notice, besides not being the memories to your maximum layers will last much longer.

First you have to check once the positions of the spacers. Mostly it's because. Sometimes only someone stupid bolt was jammed. I would caution the board first in the lying case (first without I / O shield, and then test. So you have all the contact points for housing under control, so to speak, and can then proceed to test for screw and bolt.

What I also happened many times (even thought not) may have something to do with electrical installation. Then I had my sister's computer for example for maintenance in my room. When this was finished I put it back in place with my sister, but no picture, fans and HDDs that have optional. This is me at my own computer even more frequently and was also a friend of mine (when it did it matter if the computer is connected to a power strip or directly Sat in the socket). For me the answer was always the power from the diet to get a few times and then the power button on my computer to press. Picture happy again. That all remaining power flows away.