Thread: Is it possible to get two true separate audio streams in MSI GX740?

Is it possible to get two true separate audio streams in MSI GX740?

I bought the GX-740 with the hope that it has two independent audio outputs (headphones and line out) I could use my DJ / VJ software (MixMeister) to spit out audio through the headphone and line outputs - Pretty self-explanatory there. The problem is that the laptop is not on it. I've tried everything - from ASIO4YOU native drivers and the closest I can see it working is to send a stream to the headphones out and the others in the HDMI signal path, but not send it to the starting line. I know I can do because if you use the Realtek setup and configure the laptop to 7.1 and make the sound, it does send pings to the line out and headphone out separately so you can do - Support MSI seems to say that even though, refutes this. Again, I got the email supposedly audio technology from MSI, but I've heard anything so maybe someone has noticed this?

Re: Is it possible to get two true separate audio streams in MSI GX740?

I do not know if this will help, but when I was trying to find an updated driver Realtek different from what MSI has in place, which ended by dividing the outputs of my laptop speakers from one to two separate channels. This means that my laptop has four speakers in it and then downloading the HD codecs from Realtek's website, which finished dividing the fronts and rear. I do not know how it can help, but may be what you're looking for. Do not ask why the connection is IP, this is the Realtek website. Download the HD codecs. Otherwise, turn back to their MSI Realtek driver.

Remember that MSI is only compatible with the laptop, as it was designed, not saying they do not want to help you, simply because this is a very rare thing for someone to call so that they lack knowledge about it. Usually, if you are doing things like that are not laptops or custom applications specialized for this. Usually you can get away with a little tweaking. I'm not sure if your laptop has this, but does not have optical out? Read the manual of the MSI website and it will say the optical or coaxial. But again that is not something his team can accept as an input.

I already knew, but this does not work. All it does is send a second stream of the "HD Audio Output second", which apparently is not the starting line. Most likely, the HDMI output that I have tried the RealTek drivers coming off the page and off-site MSI Realtek - They do not refer to sending the second output current directions - only "second audio output HD," which cannot be assigned again, HD I'm assuming it's HDMI. Interestingly, in either setting, if you go to the main output, output is set to 7.1 and then clicks the Front L + R speakers to be sent to the headphones. Click the center of the middle back and sent around the start line so you should be able to configure it to do what you want simply the right driver.

They are not in the same physical port. They, like any sound card, separate ports. Line output and headphone output two independent outputs, such as microphone and line in two separate entrances. If you tell the laptop to change audio from stereo to 7.1 and click on the speaker test in the chart, your front half back line to send output and front speakers L and R sends the headphone output - by Therefore, two separate controllable current two independent outputs.

Final answer is no. While the functionality is there for 7.1 through its audio / video, the possibility that the functions of extending beyond the internal hardware of software control is not possible. I have confirmed with MSI through a year of return. Sort of / Not in my book, because nobody on this planet these days choose to connect four pairs of mini 1 / 8 "with stereo cables only to connect to a receiver out of date. Maybe 10 years ago but not today. The best option is to follow the path of the PC Express Card with Echo Indigo.

According to this picture, I was relatively cheap (about $ 35 on eBay) and allow the route to take advantage of HDMI audio when you plug in the HDMI port. However, only touch if you select it as an active display and the laptop will not allow both display outputs (VGA and HDMI) is activated at the same time. However, I have done this and the audio seems more than enough for government work ;-) but you may want to use the HDMI box in a mixer as the source for breaking headphones and the headset as its source - you'll have to see for yourself and your mileage may vary. The bonus to this solution is that you get a HDMI to VGA adapter or components.