Thread: MSI K8t Neo does not detect Seagate SATA tb hard drive

MSI K8t Neo does not detect Seagate SATA tb hard drive

Hello friends I am using computer with MSI K8t Neo motherboard and I have 320GB hard drive and all the things are working fine with my computer. Some days before I get 1tb Seagate SATA hard drive and now I am trying to connect it with my computer so I can expand the storage. Now after connecting the hard drive when I start the computer at that time my computer does not recognize the drive. Now please tell me what should I do to use this hard drive with my computer?

Re: MSI K8t Neo does not detect Seagate SATA tb hard drive

After going through your query regarding hard drive issue I will suggest you that first you have to check that in your BIOS setting check whether all the SATA related setting is proper or not? First go to the BIOS setting in your computer and after that check it. if you find any setting wrong then correct it first and after that save the setting and then check whether your computer is recognizing the hard drive or not? I hope this idea will help you to solve this issue.

Well after looking at your post I have tried to find the solution on the internet and I have find one solution to fix this issue. To solve this issue you have to jumper your hard drive to 150 Mbps and after doing that you will be able to use your hard drive with your computer. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is. You have to make sure that also SATA setting is proper in your BIOS.

Well have you checked your Seagate SATA tb hard drive by connecting it with the different computer? If you have not checked this then first connect your Seagate SATA tb hard drive with any other computer and after connecting your drive with other computer check whether it is working properly or not? if your Seagate SATA tb hard drive does not get recognized by that computer also then there might be something with your Seagate SATA tb hard drive.

There was similar problem occurred with my hard drive also and after that I have tried so mant tricks but none of the solution helped me to solve this but after that I have found that power cable of my computer was causing the issue and then I have changed the cable and from that time my hard drive started working properly with my computer. You can also solve this problem with the help of this solution.

It looks like you need to update the BIOS in your computer. I am suggesting you this solution because some time due to old version of BIOS can also fibd difficulty while recognizing this hard drive. first of all you have to update the BIOS in your computer and after that updating the BIOS do all the settin properly with your computer and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

I have downloaded BIOS updated file from the MSI official website and after that I have make the bootable flash drive with help of the UNetbootin software. Now after making the Bootable flash drive I have done BIOS update and after updating the BIOS in my computer when I tried to use my hard drive with my computer. Your given idea really worked for me.