Thread: Compatibility of Intel DP67BG with Intel VT-D

Compatibility of Intel DP67BG with Intel VT-D

The things I can’t get it why Intel's mother board DP67BG supports VT-D , since the intel chipset P67 does not support VT-D - mobos based on chipset H/P67 doesn't support Vt-d. IT seems ihe vendor are doing politics to it . The thing which is un touchable is the latest bios I see has a option of Enable VT-d, but what do I care, since there P/H67 doesn't support VT-d. What the things going wrong with the intel. Have any ideas, suggestions if I am wrong.

Re: Compatibility of Intel DP67BG with Intel VT-D

The interpretation was a good enough. I would say nice inspections. But the thing matter a lot. I could say that VT-d only requires a processor and BIOS with support. As the extension are not chipset-dependent may be they used to be, they don't show support in the chipset comparison tables. I can understand the confusion given how the information is presented. The things wrong to your way .It's fortunate even I was confuse, in which case hopefully someone will correct me. I too wish it could get easier if you depth in the topic.

The motherboard DP67BG deals better with VT-D. Intel VT for Directed I/O (Intel VT-d) Intel VT-d provides performance such as safety and litheness by providing the VMM to the motherboard. They also provide DMA remapping by supporting independent address translations for Direct Memory Accesses (DMA) from devices. Other than that it also Interrupt remapping by supporting isolations and routing the interrupts from device.

I would like to add to this. There are various other mother board which support Intel VT with Directed I/O. Among the campus the few are A Q64 chipset with Desktop Board of DQ67EP, DQ67OWand DQ67SW. also a chipset Q57 with Desktop Boards of DQ57TM; DQ57TML and the older one Q35 with mother board DQ35JO; DQ35MP.