Thread: Continuous rebuilding of Intel RST 9.6.0.1014 in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Continuous rebuilding of Intel RST 9.6.0.1014 in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

I have a really severe trouble. A report of the RST system in the system trouble is integrated at the end of this post. I've been demanding to get this RAID (5) stable for weeks. All discs are equal, and all cables from the disks have been replaced. The power supply has been tested on several occasions (at 750W in a line Amacrox conditioning, environment). All specifications of the RAID are published below. The latest stable BIOS have been applied to the motherboard. The units are tested individually without any faults. The units have the latest and correct firmware. I've tried two of the disks in a RAID 1 (mirror) and is the same. The need to rebuild RAID (taking 40 hours) after the units is idle. Do I need to turn off waiting for the units (do not even know)? How is that done?

Re: Continuous rebuilding of Intel RST 9.6.0.1014 in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

RAID would be better to not stop spinning the disks, as always stopping and starting the disc is conscious in the motor. It would be interesting to see if this is the same problem some others have, and have no problem with RST 9.6 without my hard drive is spinning down. This is a setting in Windows that has to change to stop it. Start> Control Panel> change "view" the large icons (see why)> Power Options> Build energy plan> to have it balanced and the name of> the next thought> with the name of this selected plan, click Change plan settings> Change advanced power settings> + hard drive> + off the hard drive after> changing the minutes to the end until you say they never properly applied.

I disabled spin-down on the hard disk as you suggest, and now we'll know in about two hours, if this is the remedy. I suggest to Intel that this adjustment is based on RST if necessary for the functioning RAID stable. The funny thing is, this motherboard also has a Gigabyte RAID (double raid MB), and has never broken down and rebuilt as the RST has done consistently. This is what my experience with it.

I know a method, but not sure if this has solved the problem. I've seen some other posts about this problem (it seems this particular car model), which is aggressively in order to save power (green). I will also modify the messages to display this solution. The reason for considering spin-down is that the options for UNIX and LINUX RAID off automatically spin-down, some nagging technical reasons of energy consumption. However, this RAID is only for stability and performance - Energy consumption should come later.

Had similar problems with a RAID 10 on a Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD5 and resolved to update the driver to 9.6.0.1014. But it did not help with a RAID 5 on my ASUS P5E VM HDMI using the ICH9R controller. Recently I have unsuccessfully attempted Update "option ROM" in BIOS. So far it works, but I will report back if things go wrong. Its ROM version option seems recent. The version of the option ROM on my ASUS was 7.5.0.1017. Now is 9.6.0.1014.

This has only been partially solved. Windows 7 Pro is sleeping 64-bit units. RAID should not sleep. I told the control panel Power Options do not sleep the drives, but every time you restart the computer, power options to adjust the default settings to sleep after 90 minutes. (I tried to raise the control panel as administrator and still does). Actually, it seems a bug in Windows 7, however, RST should not let the dream RAID drives and be able to recognize that the drives are sleeping instead of no.

I did a clean reinstall - part of which for me is to disable hybrid sleep mode. I managed to get things stable and was re-install USB devices one at a time implementation and testing. After installing the UPS and setting a RAID 1 array to allow the write cache is hanging back (I know, two changes at once, but never suspected RST to be a possible cause.) Wanted to restore write cache not simultaneously, but could not (the array is initialized), so I disconnected the UPS and remove the software. (Eaton Powerware 5110), but still hangs. Then uninstall all utilities Gigabyte MB, still locked. We find this theme - I was sure that the dream of the disc was created to "never" so I thought I would confirm - the initialization takes hours anyway. I was surprised at first to see the screen turns off the timer set to 3 minutes - I set out specifically that had gone on 15 when Hybrid Sleep. Check the dream of the disc and of course - 3 minutes! Set it to never and the system stabilized. No crashes and completed its reconstruction. Nice PC stable again.