Thread: Is Thermaltake 700W Toughpower enough for ASROCK P67 Extreme6 motherboard

Is Thermaltake 700W Toughpower enough for ASROCK P67 Extreme6 motherboard

Actually I am planning to assemble a machine for my home. But the problem I am having is in selecting the PSU. Which PSU should I choose? I am going to have Intel 2600K processor with ASROCK P67 Extreme6 motherboard. I would purchase GSkill 1600 4x4GB graphics card with Corsair Obsidian 650D cases (2*2 120 mm fans). I am probably looking at a corsair pro 850w or seasonic 850w. I am confused. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Many thank you in advance.

Re: Is Thermaltake 700W Toughpower enough for ASROCK P67 Extreme6 motherboard

Well I think Thermaltake 700W Toughpower is enough for your machine. As far as you have mentioned about the configuration I think this PSU would be the best for you. As you have a single video card, I think 700w power supply would be very suitable and indeed best. You don’t require going for higher watts power supply. But if you want then you can go for some other in the range of 700w. I hope you get what I want to say. All the best

Well I would recommend you this 700w as it is sufficient for your overall system. You don’t need any higher. I am having Thermaltake 700W Toughpower for my system since 5 years now but I am planning to go for the Corsair AX850. How is this change? I play high level games on my computer. So sometimes I have observed the CPU getting hot and also the heatsink becomes very hot. Please give me few suggestions regarding the corsair AX850. I have heard that corsair AX is better than HF. Is it right?

Thermaltake 700W Toughpower has a 14 cm fan with a modularized cable management and gives 85% efficiency. The Toughpower range spans from the entry level 550 watts model to a top of the line 750 watts. Thermaltake 700W Toughpower comes at a very good price. As your system is I would say don’t go for any other psu as it is quite enough. When you change your motherboard or upgrade with the graphics card only then think of changing to the higher one.

According to me the Corsair AX850 Power Supply unit is good. It is the best Power Supply units in the world as it is manufactured and designed by Corsair and has quickly become one of the computer hardware fanatic's favorite power supply unit brands and the Corsair AX850 Power Supply unit stands up to the name gained by corsair products. it delivers outstanding equipment at a small price premium. i definitely want one. This is a brand where you get what you pay for.

Well it has been 4 years and I am still counting my Corsair HX620 620W Power Supply has served me for. but I think as compared to Corsair Professional HX850 850W Power Supply or Corsair AX850 Power Supply the one i own is better. So i will think that anything as good as the Corsair HX620 620W Power Supply should be fine. I do realize that the Corsair HX620 620W Power Supply has been outclassed by many other power supply units on the current market, even power supply unit made by not so famous manufacturers such as thermaltake, Antec and OCZ etc.

I have just added a Corsair TX750W psu in my system. I have graphic card and Intel Core i7 system support. I found this as the most recommended and proper one. It was suggested to me by the shopper. Now for overclocking I think 750w is enough and better also. What more does this psu has. It has cost me good money so I believe this will be stable in long run. Thanks.