Thread: Is there web interface for the IPMI / BMC in Intel S3420GPLC?

Is there web interface for the IPMI / BMC in Intel S3420GPLC?

Hello friends, I have a problem with the Intel Service Board S3420GPLC. I have connected the board via the Secure Shell (SSH); I was not able to find the User Interface (UI) method to connect. Does anyone knows that Intel Service Board S3420GPLC has the web interface for the IPMI / BMC or not, as the Network Mapper (NMAP) shows something is connected to the port 5120, but the web browser is not able to find it. So I needed help on this as I am not able to connect the internet. It would be great of yours if you people will help me. Thank you.

Re: Is there web interface for the IPMI / BMC in Intel S3420GPLC?

According to knowledge of mine I know that Intel Service Board S3420GPLC does not support the Intel Remote Management Module (RMM3). The others board supports the RMM3 slot such has Intel Service Board S3420GPRX and Intel Service Board S3420GPLX. Well for the IPMI / BMC is supported on the RMM3 slot. That could be the reason you are not able to find the UI method to connect. Otherwise you try the query on the internet, you might find out the proper result of your problem. I have shared little thoughts with you, so that you can get the proper idea.

Yes the BMC web GUI is only available on the RMM3 installed boards only. The Intel active system console (IASC) run on the Operating System and it reports the mother board about the critical data via the network interface, it is limited when operating system is running. The RMM3 is active outside the Operating System. The RMM3 have the full control over the network via the KVM and power control. I think this is enough to clarify your doubts/problem.

The first user and the second have clearly explained the reason why the web interface for the IPMI / BMC in Intel S3420GPLC is not there. Now if you want the web interfaces then you have to change your board either to S3420GPRX or S3420GPLX as they are the RMM3 supported slot where the S3420GPLC is not supported RMM3. Well this is clear that now what you have to do.