Thread: Details about Intel Sandy Bridge-E Processors

Details about Intel Sandy Bridge-E Processors

I hear there's a new arena Bridge-E Intel processors, so did some research on the matter and found that Sandy Bridge-E (LGA 2011) platform to replace the old LGA1366 Core i7 processors. According to our data sheet above path (here), Sandy Bridge-E fall in "Extreme" and the brand "Premium Performance." I would also like more information. Please help me report with valid information.

Re: Details about Intel Sandy Bridge-E Processors

The "Extreme" models are variants Core 6.8 with € 480 + price range while the bonus will come with 4-6 CPU cores and falling somewhere near the price of 250 €. Intel also plans to launch basic variants of sand 08.12 E-Bridge processors, but those will remain limited to your use of the server to the desktop version is necessary. Core i7 reveal details of the new flagship 3000 series E Sandy Bridge processor core that makes the 3rd generation of the family of Sandy Bridge. The Core i7 Extreme Edition is a basic model 3960X six with 12 tracks and Hyper Threading enabled 15 MB L3 cache, action will be clocked at 3.30 GHz that can turbo up to 3.90 GHz

The following is the Core i7 3930K (unlocked multiplier), which is also a variant Core 6, with 12 subjects with a clock speed of 100 MHz less than the 3960X i7 3.20 GHz and 3.80 GHz turbo. L3 cache is also reduced to 12 MB. Up the past is the Core i7 3820, which is a bonus-oriented model using 4 cores and 8 threads, the speed of file that can turbo 3.60 to 3.80Ghz and 10 MB L3 cache, is limited due to Overclocking multiplier locked.

Like me some six or seven neurons far from the determination that the BD has no hope in hell, all that matters now is: When is SB-E out? What is the pricing and Thornby Silar? To what extent the dissimilarity in price on the street is going to be among 3820 and 3930? Both turbo thread at the same speed, and because OC is not a factor, but the performance of a single thread is (I have to use the legacy client software from a prehistoric property from time to time) which is attractive to have those two extra cores.

You can blame all hope that BD can match or beat Intel clock for clock or overall performance in all benchmarks have been dating false. AMD is trying to forge a new niche instead of trying to be better at what Intel Intel is good. He worked on the Athlon 64 brought BMI, but 64-bit did not do all that much of AMD. Let's see if all the ALU scheme works for them. Personally, I have my doubts, given the shape of Intel's market actions can influence the way software is developed.

In fact, the only thing that took me seriously. AMD I support the establishment of a large niche in the low and medium, however, that the benefit of the market over me as well as a trio with Betty White and Roseanne Barr. I want a top end (sensibly inexpensive) system that will stay close to state of the art at least two and possibly three years. I'm still leaving the door open for BD to the CPU. Not only is probable.

It would be interesting to know if there are more people who make life really pushing your CPU to the maximum, or players who like to buy the latest generation of hardware. I suspect there is, in fact, more players than the people who really benefit from having faster hardware. For the top-E SB will 6C/12T same core architecture with underlying as SB (2600K), only a bit more L3 cache per core Westmere 6C (980X, 990x, 995x unpublished), 15 MB vs 12 MB . Turbo has a slight bump to 3.9GHz vs 3.8 GHz for the SB and 3.8 or 3.9 GHz Turbo 995x.Since work more often than not, I guess SB-E almost always run at 3.6 Ghz 4-critical workloads and workload 3.9Ghz single core. This is actually about 2% better than 2600K can do with your Turbo, both the 4C and the load of a single nucleus.