Thread: unable to unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE on my GA-880GA-UD3H motherboard

unable to unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE on my GA-880GA-UD3H motherboard

Well recently I have assembled my system at home. I have GA-880GA-UD3H motherboard which has Phenom II 555 BE processor. I got these both as one package. The "CPU Core Control" BIOS option in F1 bios which came with my v.20 board was not there. I then updated the BIOS with 4a. After the updating I got this option but when I set to manual control I have only one option that is to disable the core 1. I did this but the system booted with only one core. So here I want to know that is my board capable of unlocking 4 cores on my processor. Please help.

Re: unable to unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE on my GA-880GA-UD3H motherboard

Firstly I think the CPU Unlock option present in the BIOS needs to be changed to Enabled. There is a technology called auto unlock which provides hardware based solutions to the performance. Go to the Advanced BIOS Features, you will find CPU unlock. This will allow you to unlock the hidden CPU cores. You can configure yourself accordingly. It will allow you to individually enable/disable CPU Core 2 and Core 3.

I think there is some problem with the board or with the chip. It is possible that they could have got faulty. I would recommend you to take the motherboard to a hardware shop and get it checked. If you need more information then I think you can visit any sites that will help you to get through. You can also call the company customer support people to help you. I hope it help.

Well I don’t have any idea about unlocking core on phenom’s but I think you can use the Gigabytes. I am using motherboard on 945 which runs at fsb266 NB vcore lift +0.3V. Now it gets hot but I am sure that it will work great. I only think that the gigabyte motherboard is quite effective. I am able to give you this much of information about this because I have never done this. All the best

Well I think, First you need to enter into the BIOS of the system. After entering into the bios you need to just set an automatic clock calibration or you can also use the Nvidia Core Calibration they should to be set at auto. For Gigabyte you just need to allow "Unleashing" or modify "EC Firmware" form to "Hybrid". After doing all the things you just need to reboot the system and then I think the required thing can be take place.

I think for unlocking you need to change the motherboard. You are not able to unlock the cores may be because of the bsod problem. I think you can use the CPU voltage to solve the problem. You can alter the power by changing it from auto to manual in the voltage level of framework. But I am not sure whether it will work for you or not because it depends upon the motherboard. You can change the motherboard and then go for unlocking.

You can use BIOS flashing for unlocking the cores. When you use BIOS just be careful that you don’t disable the unlocking core option otherwise it may create problem. For this you can also check the user manual to get information on BIOS flashing. If there is no such information then you can try contacting customer support center. I hope that they have an effective solution for this.