Thread: CPU at 750MHz possible in Pentium 3 1GHz/133 on an ASUS P2B

CPU at 750MHz possible in Pentium 3 1GHz/133 on an ASUS P2B

I'm trying to use a Pentium 3 ASUS P2B 1GHz/133MHz a plug adapter with no name ("370SP rev 2.0"). The motherboard revision is 1.10 which is not officially supported by the CPU, but the voltage controller in fact, should be able to go as low as 1.3V (HIP6019BCB). Should there be a problem running the CPU at 100MHz for 750MHz?

Re: CPU at 750MHz possible in Pentium 3 1GHz/133 on an ASUS P2B

Slocket I tried the "Auto VCore" Auto FSB, 100MHz FSB, and forced stress. His documentation ready for the bridge position as low as 1.8 V, which I tried. Although not included in the documentation, which also tried to 1.7V (the 5 bridges correspond directly to Intel VID). I even tried multiplying the motherboard CPU to 7.5. I'm not 100% sure that the Slocket and CPU are fine, but as far as I remember I worked so hard the last time you use them. I did, however, have to struggle while removing the heat sink outside the Slocket when to remove the previous CPU was there. There is also a possibility of contact between the heatsink / CPU is not perfect (if it matters anyway).

You may need a BIOS upgrade to recognize the CPU. See if you can find hacked BIOS on the web that has the code for the CPU. The board may have the functionality to run the CPU, but not in the BIOS microcode for identification, not run so it does nothing. However, you should be able to find someone to put in the code you needs luck.

I have no idea where these slockets work, but from what I know, do not work on most systems. You have to get either the PL-IP3 PowerLeap / T 1 slot Tualatin adapter, or just one slot of a Pentium III, while not as common, are declining made by Intel. Intel is really a pity not attempt to further promote the Pentium processors like the overdrives of the 90's, offering an incredible performance boost and is not limited by the hardware whatsoever. The Motherboards Intel 440BX chipset with were great and although the IDE ports were staying back in time with the whole 33MB / s, the rest was up to, supporting as much as 768 MB of RAM if you get 256 LOW DENSITY modules memory.

Take a Motherboard1998 with the 440BX chipset, pop in a 1 GHz Intel Pentium III 100MHz FSB or PL-IP3 PowerLeap / T with a 1.2/1.4ghz Celeron, 256 MB of adding 3 times the RAM, put in any fast video card you want and just take a system from 1998 and took it in the year 2001 +. It might even put a Radeon 9800pro video card and is the latest video card high routine that could fit into an AGP 2X. It was great and it makes me disappointed that he has not really been something like that since. I mean, besides all the Pentium M that are put in the ASUS P4 motherboards and everything.

We cannot rule out problems of CPU or Slocket. The deal would be easier if I had another Slot1 motherboard capable of running the CPU. The options I see: CPU dead (do not think most likely), Slocket did not like the stress while I was trying to remove the heat sink (possible) Slocket not feel well in the slot (I vaguely remember in the past so) is somehow incompatible Slocket, CPU thermal protection is activated for some reason or motherboard does not support it despite all indications.

I have both and I know the pros and cons of both the fact that he could not get the Slocket to work on any system I tried, I knew I could never use it is why I immediately returned it. It just was not good enough for the systems I tried it on so if you can get it to work on your system, I'm sure it's great because it is the cheapest option but the option is more compatible as well. It was great and makes me disappointed that there was really something since then. I mean, besides all the Pentium M is placed on the ASUS P4