Thread: unable to work with socket 2 and 4 of Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 RAM

unable to work with socket 2 and 4 of Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 RAM

I am user of the Intel i7 processor . I don’t have any problem with my system until I installed the 4 X 2Gb RAM chips in my system. I faced the problem after install this device in my system. Actually I have purchased the new M/B (GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3) for my system. Then I was tried to install on my system. I installed 4 X 2Gb RAM chips on my system and they work nicely on my system for sometime. But after that it went into the post off mode. Then I was tried to find out the problem and discovered that when I put the mem in the 2nd and 4th socket then the problem occurs but when I put that in the 1st and 3rd socket the problem is not there. I use this trick on many configurations but nothing can solve the problem. I think there may be the fault in the motherboard that causes this problem. Can anyone give me some solution to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: unable to work with socket 2 and 4 of Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 RAM

Here I am giving you some advice to solve your problem. I search for this problem on the web but I cant find the proper solution on that. But I can give you some idea to reduce the error. First you have to check that are you running your modules on the overclocked 1600mhz speed or the default 1333. This will give you some idea about the reason of this issue. Because sometimes these module are not compatible with the motherboard. So you have to install the compatible memory chips in your system(compatible with your motherboard). I think this will fix your problem.

I think the main reason of this problem is the chipset or board has been designed to work at lower voltage. So that’s why it causes problem sometime. So I want to give you advice that you should purchase the module that can be run on your system at the fastest speed on the 1.5v . There is another option. You can check out the pins in the CPU sockets for getting the bend or you can say damaged device in your system. The module is important to control all the activity of the motherboard of your system. I hope that you can solve your problem by this much of information. Thank you.

I can give you some instructions or you can say some precautions to solve this problem. First you have to remove the heatsink and fan carefully. For that you need just slight twisting the motion so the thermal paste can act as glue. Then try to place the CPU on safe location. Check out that your lightning is even. Then you should scrutinise the socket for any pins which are out of the alignment. And then try to refit the CPU on the system. Be careful while setting it in the system. Make sure that the CPU remain clean. In this way you can solve your problem.

This problem may cause due some misunderstanding or because of lack of knowledge also. Sometimes the user don’t know about how to install the things properly in the system. Because of this mistake some parts of the system gets corrupted. So please be careful while installing this thing. I can give you best option for that. You can see the page number 16 of the manual of your system. You will get the Channel A: DDR3_2, DDR3_4, Channel B: DDR3_1, DDR3_3. So in this way you can set upo the things properly and then you can solve your problem. I hope this will make you comfortable.

As per your description I come to know that you have some problem about the hardware. I want to tell you that you can replace those things. You mentioned in your question that you bought the memory chips just while ago. So you got the warrantee also. So you can get help form this also. You should try to replace the currrupted or damaged device with your existing system. Please try to get the device which supports your system and can riun on it. Hope this will give you worth. Best luck for solving your problem.

You can get the help form the GGTS. The Gigabyte company can provide you some solution for your problem. They always try to do modification in the defected machines. So you can get the help from them also. This is the best option you have. You can also try to solve the problem by upgrading the things. This will give you better performance. I think this can provide you much information to solve your problem. I hope this wil work.