Thread: unable to access ICH SATA Control Mode in the BIOS of GA X58A UD3R(Rev 2)

unable to access ICH SATA Control Mode in the BIOS of GA X58A UD3R(Rev 2)

i have purchased the Gigabyte motherboard one your ago. At the starting the working of this device is fine but after that I tired of the problems which are raised by this part in my system. I have some issue regarding with that. In the BIOS of my system there are 3 option are available like the IDE, RAID (XHD) and the AHCI. But my operating system wants AHCI mode to be present on the system if I want to install it. But when I try to post the AHCI mode in the BIOS it cant works and the operation gets failed. Because there is not any option available to enter in the BIOS mode and can change the ICH SATA CONTROL MODE back to IDE. For doing that I need to press the CMOS_RESET button. There is another problem that found in my system. My MOBO has fails to boot properly. sometimes the power off state is looped few times during the BIOS. I want to ACHI mode should be present on my system and works properly. This is my problem. Can anyone give me some idea to solve the problem? Please help me.

Re: unable to access ICH SATA Control Mode in the BIOS of GA X58A UD3R(Rev 2)

The basic question of your configuration is motherboard issue. I want to tell that this problem is not associated with your Motherboard system. This problem may found due to pilot errors and because of some misunderstanding to recognize the function of your system. There is no need to turn the motherboard back to IDE mode. There is no connection between the setting of mobo and the control mode. Actually the booting is not a problem in this type of motherboard. This is actually a feature of the Gigabyte motherboard so you have to understand what are the advantages of this feature. So you can get the proper functioning. This features you cannot get in other motherboards. You can also try the last good configuration technique to solve your problem. I think this can be enough to you for solving the problem.

According to your description I come to know that you have not such a big problem. And of course the booting is not a problem in the Gigabyte motherboard system. Because they have to manufacture this kind of feature in that device which can helpful to you in many cases. It sounds like you have a problem with configuration of your motherboard. I have a experience in the BG industry so I have an idea about the power infrastructure in the system. I can say that it is not a stable or best. Here I am giving you an advice to give the pertinent facts and then try to ask for a help on the forum if you really need help. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

I read your problem and I thought that you have the problem related to your motherboard. To solve this type of problem you should have several drivers like SATA 2 and IDE Barracuda etc. this problem can be occurred if you are not using IDE for “C” drive. But remember that you don’t have to use the both IDE and SATA together on your system because this can also raised some error in the system. So go back to the basic configuration which can help you to boot stably. If you want to use the SATA then is better option for you because SATA does not provide any drawbacks in the system. But sometime IDE causes some error. I think this information make worth for you. Thank you.

You did not give the proper configuration so I cant get the reason of such problem. But I can give you some idea about general thing that you should have when you are faced this kind of problem. I want to give you suggestion that if you want to load and run the ACHI then your operating system needs to be installed under ACHI because if it installed under IDE then you will automatically switch to IDE. And the you will get BSOD. I hope this much of information can be helpful to you for solving your problem.

I also faced this kind of problem but not as much as your extent. But I can give you some solution because I solved my problem by some techniques. Here I am giving you that. The best way to solve this is remove your motherboard from the case and the try to strip it to the basics. I said that remove the motherboard and test that on the workbench. But remember one thing that you have to observe the anti-static precautions. Then try to lay some cardboard or you can also prefer the motherboard box which is non-conductive and remove the motherboard and PSU from the case. Then try to put it on the cardboard. By adding the keyboard you should try to boot the system. There you don’t get the graphic but you have to try that. In this manner you can solve your problem.

I am giving you some better advice than others. If you have the warrantee on your motherboard then please try to replace it. Because your problem of motherboard can effect the other parts of the system. So as soon as possible you can try to replace the Motherboard. This is the best solution. And don’t forget to read the manual so you can use the features of the system very well. If you don’t have a warrantee on your device then also you can try to replace the system. The booting problem also can be solved by this method. I hope this will give you better experience. Thank you.