Thread: where to put graphic card on mother board?

where to put graphic card on mother board?

I have a GA-X58-UD3R rev 2.0 motherboard. I note that the user control for this slat proposes that depending on if you have one and only one illustrations card, it might as well go in the first PCIe x16 space. Can any individual please affirm the purpose behind this? Could there be any explanation not to put the card in the second PCIe x16 space? Can anyone help me to get out from this problem?

Re: where to put graphic card on mother board?

As I fathom the labeling framework for the openings utilized in the manual, the top several openings combine as a single unit and the bottom a few match, with the most minimal space in every pair being x8 and the top one being x16. In this way, if the bring down of a couple is filled, the upper opening of that pair ends up x8, but if the more level one of a couple is discharge, then the upper one will remain x16 paying little mind to what's introduced in the alternate match. Is that right?

Actually to two fold-check, here depending on if I utilize the second PCIe x16 opening (the more level one), won't it still run at x16 inasmuch as I don't put anything into the exact most minimal PCIe space. For ideal exhibition, if one singular PCI Express illustrations card is to be fixed, make sure to institute it in the PCIEX16_1 space; provided that you are fixing several PCI Express illustrations cards, it is proposed that you commission them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 spaces

The PCIEX8_1 and PCIEX8_2 spaces share transmission capacity to the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 spaces separately. When PCIEX8_1 is populated with an extension card, the PCIEX16_1 opening will work at up to x8 mode; when PCIEX8_2 is populated with a development card, the PCIEX16_2 space will work at up to x8 mode. Actually to affirm, here's why I have a desire to do this. By putting the design card in the more level, PCIEX16_2 opening, I get more useable PCIE spaces,

Ati cards will work fine on SLI motherboards, and Nvidia cards will work fine on Crossfire motherboards. The situation is, you could not run TWO Nvidia cards on a crossfire motherboard in SLI. Moreover, you could not venture to run TWO Ati cards on a SLI mobo in Crossfire setup. It will finalize PCIe X16 1.0... "PCIe 2.0 motherboard spaces are completely regressive good with PCIe v1.x cards. PCIe 2.0 cards are likewise for the most part retrogressive good with PCIe 1.x motherboards, utilizing the good to go transfer speed of PCI Express 1.1. For the most part, realistic cards or motherboards composed for v 2.0 can go with the different being v 1.1 or v 1.0