Thread: best cooler for Intel core i5 2500K

best cooler for Intel core i5 2500K

Recently I have purchased all parts of the CPU as I am about to assemble a PC. I am building it according to me. I am building it for the main purpose of playing games on it. My PC would contain Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache processor with Asrock Z68 PRO3 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard, having Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 RAM, I have a purchase an Antec P190 case. I am planning to have windows 7 operating system in my PC. So now I want a strong cooler for myself. I want you to suggest me some good cooler knowing the fact that it would be a gaming PC.

re: best cooler for Intel core i5 2500K

Well I think the CPU of your's is fast. It seems that 3.3GHz is possible for most intel core i5 2500Ks however you would want good air cooling for that. I must say that the Hyper 212+ is a good choice for cost and even performance as you don’t want to go for much expensive one. But for the best performance you want something like Thermalright or Noctua. I would recommend you to go for any of them as they would prove very good for a gaming PC.

Noctua NH-U12P provides quality of silence cooling. well the latest NH-U12P SE2 comes through two NF-P12 fans for even superior performance and it adds support to the LGA1156 as well as LGA1366 by the use of latest mounting system multisocket SecuFirm2. Noctua NH-U12P SE2 forms a total set of high quality and it continues the history of the sequence NH-U12P for exceptional cooling performance. So I think going for this cooler would be very good for your configuration. i hope my suggestion is helpful to you

Well I think you should go for the NH-U12P SE2 as it is based on high quality Noctua NH-U12P. It is known for its quiet cooling performance.The mounting system for multisocket Noctua SecuFirm2 provides complete support for socket (LGA 1366, LGA 1156, AM2, AM2 + as well as AM3) and meets the uppermost stress in security, performance and easiness of using. It is fitted with two 120 mm fans, NF-P12 Noctua adapter Low-Noise plus Ultra-Low-Noise to reduce the release of sound.

I would suggest you to have a look on Gelid Tranquillo Quiet CPU Cooler which is with the PWM Fan. It uses four power heat pipes and a special heat pipe constellation which helps to achieve the best heat transfer from the CPU core. i must tell you that it is compatible with the intel core i5 processor but not sure about the 1155 socket. You need to check it on the internet. Just try Googling on the internet and you will come to many results. compare the results and decide it yourself.It is very good for gaming PC as it also supports very high graphic games. The heat produced is controlled very easily.

Have you heard of Hyper cooler Core i5-212 Plus. this fan actually produces 13dB at 600RPM with an air flow of 21.2 CFM at 2000RPM with 32db and 76.8 CFM. It is very good for the gaming PC. It generally comes at a very good price and I hope it is suitable for 1155 socket. I am sure that it supports your Antec P190 case. even you can look for the Thermalright cooler but it is not cost worthy neither would be effective for your configuration.thank you. please post for more queries.

Noctua is cheaper than H70 as far as i think and also Noctua keeps the CPU cooler than h70 by a small margin but the only problem with Noctua is that the weight and size takes up a lot of space which can limit airflow in a smaller case. Sometimes it can also block some part of the RAM. H70 is expensive. So you have to decide which cooler is good. I would also suggest you to take a look on the Corsair if you are looking Noctua and H70 coolers.

Zalman CNPS10X cooler is the best I feel for your configuration. It is very cheap and quiet. It will remain virtually unnoticeable at any workload. You would be easily able to play high graphic games without any issue. Check out in any hardware shops and ask the dealer to guide you.IIRC is also an option for you. It is realistic and is coupled with couple of good quality sythes. Kindly take the help of internet to guide you more.