Thread: can 1080p movies play on AMD-C50 processor

can 1080p movies play on AMD-C50 processor

I want to purchased the device on which I can see the movies fluently. I search for the various devices for that reason on the internet. Actually I have a computer at my home. And I want to upgrade it to see the HD movies. After my search on the internet I come to know that there is so many products are available in the market for that purpose. But from them I like the model of AMD S50. Because it suites to me. I really don’t have enough idea about that device. Therefore my question is can I play the 1080p movies flawlessly on my pc using this device. That means I want to play the file formats like avi, mkv, flash, and blu-ray (and codec formats e.g. H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ). So can anyone help me to give information about the expect of the AMD C50. Please help me.

Re: can 1080p movies play on AMD-C50 processor

I read your description and I come to know that you want the information about the AMD C50 for playing the 1080p movies. Here I am telling you something that happens because of the software and in that way the coding in that software provides the actual performance on a machine. The format that has been supported will give better performance with the GPU because in fact GPU can do hardware decoding and give the output. But I have a doubt about some file formats like .mkv's may not be comfortable with some GPU so they fail to play that kind of format. I can also propose for a AMD X2 class @ 2.0ghz if you want some better performance. Sometimes Atoms also play 1080p videos without any problem. I hope this much of information can help you to solve your problem. Thank you.

I read the problem. It is very common question to all the users. They confuse between the products which they wanted. Here I am giving you some advice for that. If you want to use the AMD C50 then you should know certain things. Like hardware specification and all that. I don’t have enough idea about the hardware specification but I can tell you something about the DXVA compliant stream in an MKV wrapper. It has magnificent in CPU utilization in MPC-HC. This file runs the utilization upto 2% on 955BE.because of that reason 1 phenom II core @ 800mHz loads a single digit. I have this much of information for you. I think this will give you better help to solve your problem.

As per your description I come to know that you have selection confusion in the product. Your choice about the AMD C50 is very good. Here I am giving you some information for solving the problem. It might be helpful with the An embedded DVR box, with a slow ARM CPU from hardware MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS support. But I think the usable PC doesn’t require these kind of up gradation. As your question it also support to MPEG-2, H.264, VC-1, and DivX/Xvid. But I can not give you any guarantee to confirm that. And I am sure about the WMV file that can be fluently run on the system. I think this will give you better experience. Hope this will worth for you. Thank you.

After reading the content in your problem I come to know that your problem can be easily solve by giving some information to you about the products which you want to purchase. I think the UVD3 engine should be able to run any 1080 content that you want to run on the system. Suppose you have any problem with playback then it will be certainly related to software crisis. If there is problem occurred during playing the movie then the CPU alone cannot able to handle those kind of problems. And you will see then the performance of the movie is may be poor. I think this much of information is enough for you to solve your problem. Hope this will work. Thank you.

I read your problem and my conclusion is that that is regularly occurred problem when any new user start working in this field. Here I am giving you some advice that you may get the higher requirements than something like MPC-HC for the for XBMC (ex. Boxee) based HTPC frontends for the playback reason. The default configuration is set to single threaded FFMPEG player. I not confirmed that thing so you can check it out if you want. There are some DXVA issues which are available till now. So I give the advice to configure that hardware to use MPC-HC as an external player. I hope this will give you some information. Thank you.

According to my conclusion I want to tell that you can use the AMD C50 for your purpose. That means you can run the all formats of the file with 12080p on that system. You cannot get any problem during the playback of that video as well as output. You can easily and fluently use that system for your need. But there are some file formats you sound which will give you an error while playing. So that my advice is that you can use that AMD C50 system for playing the 1080p movies. Hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.