Thread: Updating latest BIOS in Asus i5 2500K for performance

Updating latest BIOS in Asus i5 2500K for performance

Well I have an Asus 560 ti machine that contains Intel i5 2500K processor with Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM. I have just come to know that the latest BIOS are released. I was thinking of having better performance. So I was thinking of updating the BIOS on the motherboard of the system. I have never updated before. Should I try updating the latest BIOS or no. does updating really improves performance .kindly suggest me and guide me on the above. Thank you

Re: Updating latest BIOS in Asus i5 2500K for performance

I would not suggest you to update the BIOS.As per me updating BIOS are very risky task of the system and sometimes it also fails. If there is a failure then it makes lot of issues in the system. I would recommend you to test the specification of your motherboard and BIOS itself. This will let you to understand that whether the update BIOS process is suitable to the system or not. But if you want then you can go ahead and update the BIOS which are released. Performance can also be increased by upgrading the RAM instead of updating BIOS.

First let me ask you have you ever updated BIOS before? If no then I would ask you to Google on the internet and search for the procedure. Well Updating BIOS supports the over clocking problem and hence I would suggest you that you can update BIOS. This will be helpful and would increase the speed of the system. This update BIOS will also help to increase the CPU speed and its performance as asked by you. After doing this, update the BIOS operation. Make sure that the booting process of the system has become faster as compared to the previous version.

You can surely update the latest BIOS available but remember that you need to boot from DOS. Do not run the BIOS update file from Windows environment as sometimes the System can get crashed while updating the BIOS. If such a situation occurs then the BIOS will not get update properly and will make the motherboard corrupt. Hence the update procedure must be carried out from the command prompt. And yes as you asked updating BIOS really improves performance of the system.

If you really want better performance of your system then you should update with the latest BIOS 560ti. Make sure that your configuration is fine. If you have decided to do this update on the system then I would suggest you to backup the current version of the installed BIOS. The backup of the BIOS version will help you in the future. If in any case, there is serious damage that happens to your system, then this backup of the BIOS will be useful to reinstall it to the system.

Yes performance of the system improves. Keep in mind that there are two versions of this card, one running at 830MHz and one at 900MHZ. Perhaps these BIOS suits only one of them. You can download the latest BIOS by visiting the official website. Make sure that the card matches the vBIOS. Check the compatibility issues properly before updating the BIOS. You can ask an expert to guide you on updating

I think updating BIOS from the Windows environment is a good option. Updating the BIOS on the system from the Windows environment is an easy task. You can download the BIOS update file on the computer and copy it to a USB drive. Download and install the Asus utility and run it on the computer. Give the location of the BIOS update file and let the procedure complete. Follow all the instructions given to you.