Thread: Compare compile times of Intel Core i5 and Intel core i7

Compare compile times of Intel Core i5 and Intel core i7

I am bearing in mind to purchase an hp mini with Intel Core i5 or i7. There is any speed or another functional difference for compilation times among Intel dual core i5 and Intel dual core i7 processors? Both Intel i5 and Intel i7 are mostly used for critical application which required more system memory and cache memory, so please give me some advice by which I can final the processor for my use and all sufficient work?

Re: Compare compile times of Intel Core i5 and Intel core i7

Intel core i5 is 2nd generation processor introduced by the Intel. This processor have the 10 variety or you can say 10 different i5 processor number from them you can choose your best processor. If you see the list of that processor number then you find the difference which is only in the clock speed and cache memory which make the processor actually faster in work, similarly these categories are done Intel core i7 where these numbers of processor is 3. The compile time of i7 is slightly better than the i5.

Compile time is the time required for compiling the particular operation by the compiler. These time make the big difference in the big program task, where the user find the particular name or done any single operation on large database if the compiler is slow then it take much time do that task and if your pc have the processor with high cache memory and clock time then you can done this faster that’s why i7 is better than the Intel i5.

I think that if carefully check the Intel i5 processor then you can find the Intel i5-2500k which have the 6.0 mb cache support memory and 3.30ghz clock rate where in inlet i7-2600k have 8.0mb cache memory and 3.40ghz clock rate, if you buy the processor for home use then you can go with Intel i5 and if you have the critical application work like related to animation then please select Intel i7. The price of Intel i5 is cheap than the Intel i7. And one more I can say that if you upgrade the ram memory then also you can increase the work speed of your machine.

Intel core i5 and i7 are the 2nd generation processor which is slightly different from each other and they launched in market in small duration gap so the people can get the choice which is suitable for them have the hp mini which is have the Intel core i5 processor which very good and I am happy with that till date I am not have any problem with my processor. Yes it is faster, better for my office and homework so my advice is to take any laptop with the Intel i5 processor which also not affect on your budget which you do.