Thread: Mixing Ram Compatibility with different CAS?

Mixing Ram Compatibility with different CAS?

Hello friends I have to ask about the latency to 2.5 while mixing up with the memory compatibility with different Cas and this is my biggest problem I am going through right now, well I have been messing up with some steps and I would like to tell you about that it was like I am having two sticks of VS1GB400C3 which recommends settings of 3-3-3-8 and this was nicely installed on my computer and I have even deled with the VS512MB400 which recommends settings of 2.5-3-3-8 and installed now I just want to know does this latency 2.5 matters over here?

Re: Mixing Ram Compatibility with different CAS?

I really do not recommend changing the CAS latency of 2.5 if all is stable, as it is, because that could cause instability when running messages. Am I correct in assuming that you are just running the club with a VS512MB400 & VS2GBKIT400C3? If so, you could recommend only running two sticks VS1GB400C3 together, that will put your memory in dual channel mode, assuming that your motherboard supports it, and the system must do better that way. PS Posting your system specs would be helpful in advising you.

Well sharing up with my own personal view I can talk about some stuffs which I have been doing and I hope this would provide you some hint may be so If you set the time manually in the BIOS to 5-5-5-15, 4-4-4-12 ram will run on more flexible schedules, and should not be a problem. I doubt you'll notice the difference between the two in real world applications. T2 is the type of command, the DDR2 memory running in dual channel more operating in the T2, the CAS latency is usually the first number of times.

As a general rule, you should not mix RAM that way. You may even have been done once, but is generally less stable to do so. And you will end up losing the performance could have had with the faster RAM. Now, I could re-adjust the configuration of RAM so that you are actually overclocking the RAM slower, but if you are overclocking anyway, why not overclock the RAM that can be a good idea other that, Don’t you think you would be getting the best results? I would be saying that would be kay to use part of RAM does not match to get for a while, but not always to be any long-term solution.

Mixing times should not cause problems ram as the motherboard will automatically sync with the slowest module. Of course, you can always switch to manual settings and see what the module can slow a little tension, so tweaking. Sometimes if you go for a maximum FSB speeds may have to sacrifice a little in the cas of timings. Sort off so trade value ram overclock to a certain point and will be able to go higher if we keep CAS settings on the motherboard on the conservative side