Thread: Samsung coming up with 30nm-class DDR3 memory to notebooks and desktops

Mykola Guest

Samsung coming up with 30nm-class DDR3 memory to notebooks and desktops

We're considering a quick grow in require for DDR3 chips and are meeting that need with the timely introduction of 30nm-class Green DDR3 solutions. Samsung Electronics on Monday said that it had successfully completed customer evaluations of 2Gb DDR3 memory chips produced using 30nm-class fabrication process. I read this article and then suddenly I realize that this is the best RAM for the DDR3 category and we can add it onto notebooks and desktops. What do you think guess. It will be faster than other or not. Thanks for any reply.

Re: Samsung coming up with 30nm-class DDR3 memory to notebooks and desktops

The most optimal use of these new RAM modules would be laptops and notebooks that require less memory. Often DDR3 memory requires around 1.6V of juice, while these new-tech DDR3 chips will require as little as 1.35V of juice. This will be help to make the execution speed is to be faster. This new generation of faster, more energy efficient DRAM modules will be available through consumer retail channels this summer. Then buy this if you want to improve the RAM quality.

I also read more thinks about this RAM. It uses 30 percent less power than RAM made at 50nm, and it's cheaper. The 30nm technology also boosts productivity by 60% over 40nm DDR3 chips. It would be good to observe more developers working on 64 bit in place of making buggy patches for it and primarily developing in 32 bit. This is the 64 bit RAM and I hope the its performance is more faster than others. I also appreciate its performance.

Samsung's the first to make DDR3 RAM using a 30nm process. Its frequencies are very impressive for the voltages. The new DDR3 will be used in a broader range of products, from servers to notebooks, desktops, and future versions of notebooks and mobile devices. I think this is the better chance to enhance the quality of this RAM. It works well in any type of computing devices. It is specially designed for Desktop and notebook.

The 30nm-class process when applied to DDR3 mass production raises productivity by 60 percent over 40nm-class DDR3. This will be indicate that the new technology based RAM is surely provide the higher speed and faster execution. I hope this will be available with low price. If the price of this RAM is cheap then people will more like this RAM. I also read that it decrease power consumption by up to 30% over 50nm-class DRAM.

Many have article mention that Samsung’s 30nm-class 4Gb DDR3 chip offers an approximate 50 percent increase in productivity over a 40nm-class 4Gb DDR3. Samsung anticipates shipping the RAM to US stores in summer and then it will also available on the other countries. I hope its cost anything arround $30 to $55. Hence if we want some brilliant execution based RAM then suddenly this is best RAM choice for our desktop and notebook system.

The company say that its new RAM modules are up to two-thirds more power efficient than more common 60nm chips and 20 percent faster that its own 40nm ones. This is the best think that will be improving the performance of this RAM. We hope company will be providing lot of facility onto this newly launched RAM. Samsung’s 30nm memory offer is made up of 2GB and 4GB modules. Hence people will be choose any one of them.