Thread: Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Replacement procedure

Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Replacement procedure

In recent days, have been discussed issues related to the stability of our recently released 120 GB SSD Force Series 3. Our review has identified that a significant proportion of these discs may not work to specifications.
    1. All users should stop using the unit-BK CSSD-F120GB3 straight away, even if you have not experienced stability troubles.
    2. Users can no longer return the unit to Corsair at the expense of Corsair, which is exchanged with a substitute unit that meets the specifications or
    3. Revisit the unit to your place of purchase.

Re: Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Replacement procedure

This comeback when I contacted corsair support people.We is working on the issue of delivery. Please give us a quantity of time and we'll have to order. What we do is to propel a transporter to the address you send the RMA form. This should be sent to you within 24 hours of submission. at present, there is no notice on the web RMA it. However, internally, we are becoming a reality for Force 3 users. We apologize for any confusion.

I contacted my dealer and ask for the possibilities of solving the problem .Answer. What there is a problem. Then I told him to look at this board gave me a call back. The choice of what they can give me is. No reimbursement. Manufactured goods not changes. Just sit and remain what happens. I brought 10 of the SSD and I'm contented to wait 30 days or more for new ones. I have to buy new for the reason that of my customers are waiting for them so to repay € 4000 and have to wait 30 days to regain ssd not need any more. I know it happens sometimes But do not misunderstand me .To blame others to pay for yours. It is not fair. "

I've seen some examples of competitors' responses to this situation. For example, you say you do not have the same problems with their units, they do not use the reference design of the same unit who say they use. They claim that because his is own design that is different. Therefore, it cannot have both. If your disk is different because the state, then I do not see how you can comment on ours. They are not qualified to do so. Therefore, their problems do not compare with ours. But what I see and hear, the story changes every day at some of the forums of competition. Be sure to send our units for users not requiring a complicated procedure to use and works as advertised. For accurate information about the quality of the Corsair units, trust us, not competition.

That's why I prefer Corsair 99% of the time. I saw the arrival F3 that were faster and cheaper, but then I saw this and hesitated. 2xF3 definitely getting 120 after seeing how quickly the subject. The competitors are very unpleasant in their forums saying basically follow our Code of Conduct and the test for us or deal with it and RMA / try to get your money back. Not a great response when people spend $ 300 + in units that do not work and have to jump from beginning to end a group of trinkets and test them and still not get a working resolution.

There absolutely should be an option to replace forward. They want to keep my credit card, fine, but I need a faster disk than two weeks is equivalent to flipping. Recalling the 120, going to see that the performance 64 of Newegg or the like. I've had this unit for three weeks and have to rebuild a production machine twice after not having it for two weeks. Even after that happens, there is no recognized problem with that show of unity, although the exact behavior displayed above.

I can say this, Based in this reaction and the inability to advance the replacement, it is clear nothing Corsair doesn’t belong in a production environment, better left to the players who can get away with swaps of various units and weeks down time, I guess. Seriously disappointed with the overall response and the lack of options to correct the problem. I will not basically ensures that this unit again in a production environment, which leaves a $ 200 paperweight. Hey pirate, why not just cut me a refund check as they clearly cannot have faith in their products.

I have two OCZ Agility 3 SSDs and one Corsair Force3.
    I called Corsair this week for some end resolution on my Force3 (BSOD), and the only option offered is to call customer service for exchange to a Force2 SDD drive. It is now weeks with no official resolution. Previously they mentioned to use new short SATA3 cables, using cleaning with Parted Magic and re-install of W7. OCZ has the same issues, and mentioned to use firmware 2.09 with a clean W7 install. Newegg will not entertain refunds as I applied for rebates. Clean install will take weeks of work of no insurance it will fix these BSOD issues! Both Corsair claim that these BSOD and freeszing are rare. Just reviewing Newegg's reviews a majority have issues with new Sandforce 2000 drives.

I just hope they find quick solution -- I am waiting for 5 weeks -- , but loosing hope.

Any advise will be helpfull.

NOTE: I can't accept Corsair and OCZ lack of accountability in this matter. And Newegg hiding from any responsibility!

DID I BUY EXPENSINVE PAPER WEIGHTS??
    Last edited by wouterkcs; 24-07-2011 at 11:48 PM.