Thread: How to upgrade CPU in Asus K50

Mykola Guest

How to upgrade CPU in Asus K50

I would like to upgrade the processor on my Asus K50 laptop. However, I am looking for a CPU upgrade for this thing since I have been doing more and more cpu stressful operations with it. I love this thing because it will be help to improve the performance of this processor. It will be capable to do the loading and execution of application task on this laptop easily. I hope someone has already done this kind of task. Then suggest me good things about this task and how to do it on laptop system.

Re: How to upgrade CPU in Asus K50

It also depends if the processor on your board is soldered onto the board or if it does have a socket. I think in your laptop the processor is being not soldered and hence there will be no problem of this CPU upgrade task on the laptop system. Then you need to just use the basic way that help to solve the problem of this PCU upgrade by searching suitable processor for this socket and then insert it onto that socket.

By just taking off 5 screws and the panel of this laptop you can able to access the processor, motherboard, HD, Fan, all 3 slots of RAM. This laptop has been contain the chipset and bios to switch the current processor to the new one which is could be Quad core. I think you need to just use this and it will be help to just switch this thing of the motherboard and the connected processor. It will be help to solve such kind of problem on this laptop.

The CPU of this laptop will be help to support according to information provided by HP customer support. This will be help to just Upgrade this CPU may require BIOS upgrade. This will be need after doing this BIOS upgrade task on this laptop. Then use this and it will be help to improve the performance of this laptop. Then use this and it really work for access the new Cpu in this ASUS laptop. Asus has an official CPU support list for this information.

You first need to looked at Asus site, or in the manual, to check what cpu's were supported? This is to be necessary in this task. It help the user that help to just try the suitable CPU of this laptop. Then use this kind of help and it really work to check the compatibility of this processor and the motherboard of the laptop. This will also provide the CPU upgrade information in correct way.

Asus lists that the processor will work as long as you have at least bios compatible version on it. You need to download the dual core patch for windows xp on this laptop. It will be help to improve the performance of the laptop and in the result; I think its standard with win XP sp2. Checking the bios and updating if you need to is also help to work similar kind of in this laptop. Then use it and do the task as per suitable to the processor.