Thread: How to switch off motherboard MSI P67A GD65 OC genie 2 by BIOS setting?

How to switch off motherboard MSI P67A GD65 OC genie 2 by BIOS setting?

Hello friends I have got a new Motherboard of MSI P67A GD65 OC genie 2 by Bios Setting I know that there is a switch to enable and disable it but I don’t want to take the stress to continuously keep on enabling it or disabling it so I want to know is there any step to switch it off with the BIOS setting please anyone help me out of this if you have some solution? I have been searching a lot but dint found anything so I need help from you all please help me?

Re: How to switch off motherboard MSI P67A GD65 OC genie 2 by BIOS setting?

Hey although OC Genie does a decent job in OCing, once you save the profile, and applying the OC and not through the bios with OCGenie, check all the voltages applied by OCGenie as they are usually a little over the top and can usually be reduced by quite a margin. It takes some time to gradually reduce and test in the middle, but worth the effort, so I think you should use the button itself it has been meant for some better reason and it would keep the motherboard safe.

Ok so basically I would be dealing it with asking you that are you using the stock cooler or upgrade to a aftermarket cooler? I would be careful with overclocking with the stock cooler as the core temperature begins to rise with increasing frequency of the CPU. I have the same motherboard and CPU as you, but I'm using a cooler Prolimatech Armageddon. I tried the OC Genie and perfectly made all the adjustments to bring my CPU to 4.2GHz. If the CPU cooling is satisfactory can be seen in the BIOS and get an idea of the changes made by the genius. As Cronnin suggested you can save the settings in the BIOS as an overclock profile. I think you can save up to six profiles. What I did was to save my original BIOS, the file name as an overclock profile first. After running OC Genie I saved the new profile to a different profile name. Now, whenever you want to change from one to another to reset the BIOS loads the profile I want, overclocking overclock or not. No need to open the case further. I guess you know that the OC Genie button must be engaged when the power is off. When turned on and boot the BIOS after pressing the button on Genie I noticed a line in the Genie BIOS OC said and I changed the point that.

Hello friend I think this has been suggested in the manual to save the configuration profile OC Genie overclocking in BIOS, so the first thing to do is make an OC profile. Later you can choose whether we will use the button, or do so from the BIOS. You have to manually OC the system to find a safe value. It is best read on the web which is the target frequency with the particular CPU Motherboard, and RAM. If you do not know what you're doing, I would not advise going there, because you can fry computers. Are you familiar with: the base frequency of the clock, CPU multiplier, FSB frequency, dual data rate, FSB / memory ratio? If not, you can always get one of his friends who had overclocked his i5 / i7 to help you make an OC profile. Check out if this helps you out.

Dear don’t have a great idea about it but would like to check out if I can help you out of this so what I think is, Gen2 platform does not address the FSB / MEM. Relationship, and i (x) series OC procedure is very different from Gen1 i . To the OP. In the BIOS overclocking section, you will find an option to enable Adjusting the ratio of the CPU in the operating system. You need to install the Control Center II. Personally, IMO, it is best to do all the OC'ing manually in the BIOS and do not use a Windows based utility OC at all. Change 'Setting the ratio of the CPU is fairly easy in the absence of V. CPU times to reach beyond 4.5.

I don’t have this one so no tuff ideas to help you out but regarding to help you out I have been searching out to get some help for you and I have found that for those who don’t want to shut and open the switch again and again for them there has been a chassis which would be helping you out by having an easy access to it, it may be true or may not be very true but I am telling you because I have found it somewhere and I hope it would be helping you out.

Thanks a lot friends got lots of information and i think i have got the setting in the BIOS i was just bit silly and wasn't able to find it, thanks for helping out guys and i think this was silly question but still i got so many response and that is really nice i was bit upset while posting this query over here but now bit relaxed and feeling bit free to ask you all more questions when i would be in trouble because i think you all can solve any of them.