Thread: CPU mobo option for amd Opteron Server

CPU mobo option for amd Opteron Server

I had bought a new Opteron Server CPU few days back and now I’m planning to build a new computer and I want to ask is it possible. Well I’m not planning to build the server. I had seen many mobo which are not server based so is there any way I can use my CPU. Can anyone suggest me the best mobo for it. Please help me regarding this as I’m bit confused for what I should buy for it. Thanks in advanced.

Re: CPU mobo option for amd Opteron Server

Well I think it’s not a processor but just and am2+ chip and most of the older opteron worked with the user boards and I don’t think it won’t work with yours. Going deep in it I think the problem is with the user board which is trying to find the watts just to drive the processor which is about 95w max and I think it might be not getting the enough watts. I recommend you to get the new psu rather than changing the mobo.

What you said is right it’s an AM2+ CPU and I’m having the cpu whose model number is OS1354WBJ4BGD and I had search for the cpu and it have 940 pin AM2+ 115w 2.2G quad core and having 2mb L3 cache core. Well I was searching for the AM2+ motherboards and when I go to the shop to buy I dint got it. I had searched that it’s the only mobo which support Opteron. I had seen the mobo which support 12xx series but not the 13xx Opteron.

You must check your stock watts. I’m having the 1356 and it reached the stock volts up to 240htt and after that it stop working and now it’s not responding. Even the multi drop is not working in it and even dropping ht link and now it is now even supporting 1066 memory and after that I had faced lots of problem with it. But the best thing about 1356 is that it never get overheat and always remain cool as compared to its phenom counterparts.

According to my knowledge AMD rates there product based on the power consumption like which is having the highest clock speed. And I think the board having the 95 watt will going to work smooth with the CPU I had check watt of my board and it is usually 125 watt and I’m having the power supplier which give better power supply. it also let the mobo and even the cpu last longer as it gives good power supply.