Thread: Will Phenom II X6 is fit for a gaming computer

Will Phenom II X6 is fit for a gaming computer

I want to know that Phenom II X6 is fit for an gaming computer both for current and future needs. I do not find much help on the same. I am getting some system config and my friend found this cpu as best due to its performance. I had decided the ram and gpu support for the same. The only needed to determine is good processing power for latest games. Also graphic card is an another option but that is the later part. Thanks in advance.

Re: Will Phenom II X6 is fit for a gaming computer

It is fitted for gaming rig. The Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition is quiet a fast cpu and it works on a core clock of 3.3 GHz. There are six cores that are working as fast as on any model. The cpu can give you awesome performance on a bit higher cost. It has a turbo support which can also ensure that a maximum of three cores operate with saturated 3.7 GHz. So your processing power increases and gives out better output. You can try not to turboost it if not needed.

That is right. This processor has a 3.2 GHz clock rate with Turbo implemented on the core. You might have seen Intel's Turbo Boost technology. The Turbo is based same on that. It can automatically configured to provide a higher or lower depending on the requirements specific performance of software you are using. So that is simply like an minor overclocking which boost your system. For gaming this cpu is fine enough with a good graphic card.

That is just not enough. In addition to the Turbo support and high clock rate you also get six 512-KB L2 cache, plus a 6 MB L3 to coordinate all six cores on the chip. Of course, all AMD Phenom II X6 use the AM3 socket, but may also be installed on the AM2 + but missing certain features, which in all a good thing. In the case of the model 1090T, the TDP is 125 watts, the highest. I wil recommend to get a good cpu cooler with this.

With the cpu I will advice you to use AMD 890FX chipset. This is the most recommended motherboard. It does not matter what cpu you had, but the chipset is important as all hardware integration is depended on it. The ram, gpu and power supply too plays an very vital role here. It comes with cpu normally if you buy. You will get support for two 16x PCIe 16X operating electrically or four running at 8X. It supports IOMMU and other features. All in all it can be counted in the list of gaming board.

There are some dedicated desktop boards that you can try. This board comes with Amd Phenom Li X6 cpu and they are enough powerful to fulfill all your gaming needs. One of the example of its is OLData Dragon Series. A glimpse of its system configuration is AMD Phenom II X6 six-core Processor, Up to 16GB dual-channel DDR-3 Memory and 4-Way ATI CrossFireX. @ $1,117. In the same way other desktop in the same range are Mach 64 M785 Series @ $409.00 and Mach 64 M785LP Series @ $367.00.

hershey20 Guest

A very smart man once told me that absolute performance doesn’t matter, it’s performance at a given price point that makes a product successful. While AMD hasn’t held the absolute performance crown for several years now, that doesn’t mean the company’s products haven’t been successful.