Thread: Switching from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor

Switching from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor

I am interested in gaming and I do have a gaming computer at my home. I have been facing troubleshoot with many of my games. I thought it must not be working because its not compatible with my new AMD X6 processor. So I thought switching from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor. Many of the popular games is not working. I am very disappointed with it.

Re: Switching from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor

According to me its not a wise decision i.e. switching from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor. Your game should support and obviously work with 6 cores. I think the games that are not using all 6 cores in that case the same game might not even use all 4 cores. You must be aware that most of the games are multithreaded. For example BC2 can use up to 8 cores but BC2 wont working your system. There might be some other problem.

Even I agree that you should not Switch from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor. It sounds very odd to me. As you have mentioned in your post that you are interested in gaming so you must be aware of that Switch from AMD X6 to AMD X4 Processor is not a wise decision. I also will suggest you the same think that don’t downgrade your processor. The X6 supports gaming just as good as X4 processor and don’t forget the extra 2 cores. These 2 extra cores will be used better in future games like Battlefield 3.

If I were you then I would have not done the same. If you look into the configuration area of the games, I think that only one core of six was being recognized thus resulting into performance issues. If you see in X4 all the cores are being recognized. There are no freezing issues. So there is problem in your hardware. As the game utilizes as many cores as it requires. In X6 if it requires 4 then it will utilize only 4. The rest 2 will be as it is. In future games those 2 will required. It wont go waste.

I have done some researches over the internet and also had a communication with the EA with the help of chat and I came to a conclusion that the game does not support X6 processors, and that I would be better off with the X4. So according to me you should switch to X4 processor from X6 processor. Consult to the engineer for these. So that he will help you to downgrade from X6 to X4. Its better you consult an engineer to avoid problems further.

Recently with the experts I have confirmed that Mass Effect 2 is only recognized and works on 6 cores that is on X6 rather than X4. Go to the other tools where you will see that it will show system configuration such as PC Wizard, Task Manager including 6 cores operating. It depends on what game you use to play. It depends on the game that how much cores they are compatible with.