Thread: Is Biostar TA790GX A3 Motherboard compatible with LED D1 + LED D2 Flash Red?

Is Biostar TA790GX A3 Motherboard compatible with LED D1 + LED D2 Flash Red?

I have been facing troubleshoot since I have got my new Motherboard. I tried the best configuration I could but instead of working properly all of a sudden my 650w power supply doesn't power it. To solve this I then switched to 350 and with LED D1 + LED D2 Flash Red. When I put pressure on the 24-pin connector the system doesn’t boot. Can anyone help? Please give necessary replies.

re: Is Biostar TA790GX A3 Motherboard compatible with LED D1 + LED D2 Flash Red?

I don’t think it’s a wise idea to switch from 650 to 350 psu i.e. power supply unit for starters. Instead you could have experimented a run down on the other parts. Then try clearing the bios with the power supply unit unplugged. If all these things don’t help then set it up on the box it came in outside the case. When it is out check and see that there are no extra mb tray stand offs because this could shorten the board. I am not sure whether the 650 have the 8 pin CPU power plug and is it plugged in.

re: Is Biostar TA790GX A3 Motherboard compatible with LED D1 + LED D2 Flash Red?

Well I can help you on that part. Yes, the 650w has the 8 pin CPU power plug and also it can be plugged in. Even I agree that switching to 350w from 650w. The problem with the 650W PSU is that it doesn't do any better performance as per our expectations. With 350w you will at least get response out of the board as compared to 650W. Also with 650w you won’t get flashing light. So I according to me you have done correct.

Here I have list of better products for you. You can take reference from the below and it to your configuration.

The products are as follows:

• Antec 650W PSU
    • AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor
    • Biostar TA790GX A3+ Mobo
    • HDD - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F2EG HD154UI 1.5TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    • 4 GB Crucial DDR3 RAM (Closest 2 sticks o)

I am not quite good in clearing the BIOS. I have tried it before but could not successfully get it. Its very difficult to clear Bios without the system booting. I can help you with the Mobo part i.e. the Motherboard. Hook your mobo with 350w and directly into the PSU. This will help you a lot at least near to your expectation. Try the digital multimeter and check the 12v rail on the psu. I think the 4 wire molex connection would be fine.

I can help you with clearing your Bios without the system booting. Clearing of Bios is in the manual. You might have noticed that most of the modern motherboards have a +5 voltage feed from the PSU. This maintains settings. So switching off the on the PSU and or unplugging it cuts that power. I suggest you to reset the BIOS since you have never booted it will be the same but it can fix things.

If you ask me then I would like to let you know that it’s the problem with your (Mobo). Your Mobo must be defective. I am sure because the indicator light on the board doesn't blink unless you put more extreme pressure on the 24-pin power connecter. So according to me you should send it back to the vendor or the manufacturer of your product for replacement.