Thread: AHCI and RAID mode in Gigabyte GA P35-DS4

AHCI and RAID mode in Gigabyte GA P35-DS4

I need to add an SSD to Gigabyte GA P35-DS4 but I am facing some problem on this motherboard. when I try to do this task, then I acquire new SSD running in AHCI mode. It has been work with an upgrade Windows 7 Pro OS. I had set the previous OS on 2 Raptors. This is set on the RAID using RAID/IDE mode. In this system, when I try to pick AHCI it broken RAID. Is it possible that 2 SATA controllers set in AHCI mode and the other controller in RAID/IDE mode? Thanks in advance.

Re: AHCI and RAID mode in Gigabyte GA P35-DS4

You need to set the previous OS on 2 Raptors in RAID using RAID/IDE mode. Also then you need to select AHCI broke the RAID and the old OS could not be seen. The RAID was previously set on the Intel controller. Hence you need to either change the setting of this controller using the manual of the motherboard. This will be solving your problem. Then use this and solve the problem onto this system and locate what happen on it.

If the motherboard is to be having an 2 SATA controllers, then you need to set it in AHCI mode. Also you need the Gigabyte controller for a single SSD and go away other controller in RAID/IDE mode. Hence just use the basic thing present on the BIOS. Yes, the bios have also helped to do such kind of task onto the system. When you done the RTFM bit, then its looks like it must. It is running in AHCI mode as well as IDE mode.

You have to find the RAID controller installed on this system and driver installed in the Operating system. Basically turning on RAID controller will also help to do this task. This happen if current drive is already on the same controller. Then initially you need to move the OS to drive on a different controller such as IDE. Acronis will capable to do this task on your gigabyte motherboard. In this system need separate drive on a different controller. Then the problem is being solved.

For doing these tasks you need to put Windows first on overclock mode and obtain her constant. Then use the existing tools such as OCing and run at 8x400=3.2GHz with sync DDR2-800 memory. Then the new rig has been 2GB and it will be running a update which is used about RAM 800MB. Then just Xorg is showing very high virtual memory usage. Then use such type of configuration on the system and it will be solving your problem.

Windows 7 Ultimate OS on the Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard. This is being also on the Intel I7-920 6 gigs G motherboard. It is will be the SSD Gaming Windows 7 and it did into an update as a motherboard. Then you need to shut down this system for some time. After that boot it up and it will be solve the problem. Then do this task and it really work to oslve such kind of problem onto the system.

Before doing this you need to do something on the system. This are first check the Intel Storage Manager is installed or not. Then create Acronis image of C drive. Then Save image to a HD. Also you need to create Acronis recovery boot disk. This will be help for the backup of the data on the future. Then just try to install two hard drives on the new Raid array. And open the bios & turn on Raid controller. Finally put CD/DVD as first boot device. And it will be help to solve the problem carefully on the system.