Thread: How to setup UEFI on gigabyte ga-p67a-ud7-b3 for raid boot

How to setup UEFI on gigabyte ga-p67a-ud7-b3 for raid boot

I think these cards are with EFI boot hack 3TB? I have been working for UEFI more than year; presently modify Asus on the way to GB. I am not able to run Win7 UEFI x64 RAID 0 to employ appropriately. To start real Windows 7 x64 EFI or UEFI you have to do to measure. ISO oscdimg.exe WAIK command-executed. The simply way I was capable to custom boot. ISO on the way to the CD set to EFI is within ACHI mode. It will not employ through CD set to RAID. At what time installed on top of ACHI to RAID 0 I obtain error.

Re: How to setup UEFI on gigabyte ga-p67a-ud7-b3 for raid boot

The Gigabyte BIOS / EFI are a hybrid and a kind of alteration element at this occasion. UEFI is not the full blown as the manufacturer was not comfortable sharing 100% of a relatively unknown technology. As are the main features are incorporated as 3 + TB hard drive so utilization of their difficulty, why not say that the optical drive controller toward IDE mode or AHCI mode still? What you guys think about it. Please share your information thank you.

I tried the whole thing I am able to think of. The only technique to install the UEFI boot disk is within ACHI. At what time I endeavor on the way to install GPT said BIO is not supported. As a result if the disk is not formatted and selected, will be installed, but on reboot throughout installation of the charger will not charge. I remember that I am trying to use RAID 0; I'm guessing JBOD 3TB RAID EFI is not? Support sent this, but neither works. That guy who spoke not actually even is acquainted with what to UEFI. He sent me this email. I attempt with no luck.

Actually I am not that much aware with EFI. Other than I guess the best configuration would be to use RAID 0 on Intel SATA3 ports and configure RAID and optical drive in the port to another controller and IDE mode. I do not consider you said how big your RAID, however are beneath the TB 3, after that it is not essential on the way to configure the optical drive used for EFI. I hope this information will help you to solve your issue.

UEFI will not work through the IDE. ACHI works only with permit. You have to set CD / DVD first in the boot order to ACHI or Windows 7 x 64 customs. ISO does not load the kernel bootx64.efi. Custom Windows 7 x64 ISO will produce GPT partitions as an alternative of MBR. P67 ASUS MOBO has UEFI and RAID function, but has much work to do for the reason that it's buggy. I brick 5 MOBO in the span of 2 weeks. So why change me, I just miss reading GB have EFI. I'm happy with the motherboard, just hoping firmware update coming in the near future.

Never find out? I've been trying on the way to obtain Windows 7 installed (dissimilar board save for similar difficulty I think) in a RAID 5 and cannot get to leave. Or I start all the way through ACHI mode drivers and am able to be installed with windows 7 EFI and GPT within one driver, however at what time I set the controller to RAID again refuses to boot with only a blinking in the upper left corner. Or I cannot perform EFI boot mode commencing the driver CD set toward attack. If I budge the DVD ROM Gigabyte ports within ACHI mode, it starts within the DVD-ROM.

I have tried, however the difficulty is not within the F6 drivers, it reads the discs, and the difficulty appear to be implementing EFI. EFI can boot in ACHI mode or get a flicker in RAID mode. I'm willing to give up fighting too much, since you cannot get anything going, very disappointed because the ports are the Intel RAID to use if you have more than 2 units. I could live with the CD-ROM is in a port gigabyte ACHI, but to limit the ports of Intel ACHI is paralyzing. Let's give the weekend to see if I can somehow, but I think it is the implementation that is flawed.