Thread: Enabling triple USB charging power on my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

Enabling triple USB charging power on my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

I am having a question that how we can enable the Triple USB charging power on my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard. Is this always ON by default or I need to enable it manually? Also does it require any additional software to enable it (probably NO)? Also will I be able to access the Triple charging power ability on my HAF 932 USB front header after hooking it up to motherboard?

Re: Enabling triple USB charging power on my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

Yes I have also heard about that Gigabyte has claimed that it is announcing the 3X power for the USB. And I just saw a website that tells more about the 3X power supply by the USB. So normally I don’t think that there is any special need to install software to use the 3X USB power supply. All you need is just to install the drivers for the 3X USB that can enable you to use this 3X USB.

Re: Enabling triple USB charging power on my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

Yes that so crazy, in normal any USB 2.0 can provide a current which is limited to the 500mA. But now Gigabyte has announced a 3X USB power supply, which have the capability of producing 1.5A through each of the USB 2.0 hub. Also it seems that the USB 3.0 hub will be able to provide a 2.7A of power for the devices that are USB 3.0 which is essentially greater than any of the mother board that provides it.

Yes you need to download a USB charging driver for it. it is all the worth. I could find that we can charge any of our devices without even powering ON the computer which is the best feature according to me. I have never seen any other motherboard manufacturers provide this type of facility. This is an awesome innovation from the Gigabyte motherboards.

I have visited a website where I can see a man where he is showing up all the uses of the 3X USB power supply. There I saw that he is able charge an iPod, mobile phone, foot warmer, cigarette lighter, USB fans and many other USB devices. So it looks pretty cool that we can charge every possible thing through the 3X USB power supply. Also it doesn’t require any special software to use this.

Yes you can also use this motherboard in your HAF 932 USB front header to use this 3X USB power supply. Also see to it that when you install the driver for the ON/OFF charge, you need to update your BIOS with the latest version available to get the better efficiency of the product. So there is no special need to install the software, rather you need to just install the drivers and then you are ready to use the 3X USB power supply.