Thread: Unable to install Windows 7 on sataIII AHCI with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

Unable to install Windows 7 on sataIII AHCI with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

I'm trying to get my friend’s computer, but all my efforts have failed so far. He has a CPU with a gigabyte GA 2500K-P67A-B3-UD3. Vertex is also running a 3 SSD. The only way I can install / boot on Windows is installed in IDE mode, while plugged into the slots on the mb SATA II. If I strive to install in AHCI mode or sata 2 sata 3 passing through the initial select disk - expand the files, etc, but after the first restart of the facility that has the loading bar for windows of about 1 min and place blue screens at all times. If I stay in safe mode it gets to Disk.sys and then pauses before the BSOD. Are you doing in my head and I cannot find a respond anywhere. Is it fair that this forum is like the JMicron chip in the x58-UD3 SATA3 never supported as it was supposed to?

Re: Unable to install Windows 7 on sataIII AHCI with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

Well, I have not much idea about this as I am not an expert, but you can undertake using a different windows image, etc. Well you can also try to install the IDE mode then use regedit to allow for switching to AHCI after installation. But I do not think that would be necessary, as their first choice of installing IDE definitely going to work. Have you tried a SATA hard disk than normal? Just try it out.

Re: Unable to install Windows 7 on sataIII AHCI with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard

The vertex 3 works I tried it on my Z68 UD7. But still vertex 3 have many problems. I have the motherboard exactly the same vertex and the unit 3. Also I have the same problem. I've been trying to install in AHCI mode, but failed to complete the installation. When you restart during installation, you get a BSOD. Now I've installed in IDE mode, but performance is much lower. Could you explain here how he did it with success so that others can learn from your experience?

On which port you installed the Vertex3? SATA3_0 Ideally, states that the AHCI driver and should work fine. Set the optical drive into the port to another controller though. I also believe that something is wrong and has to take the advice and ssd to control, but the last thing I prefer is to try to install Windows 7 on my 3 vertices in AHCI mode before taking them back for verification.

I've even had the same problem. So I just want to notify that you have installed win7 on port SATA AHCI mode 3. The part that I was getting error during installation that I did not install the driver. It takes place after the "Install now" in the installation of windows 7. Now my 3 Vertex is installed correctly with fine rapidity. I have also placed are the updated outcome of my benchmark. I expect this can assist others. All the best!

Most people feel that Windows 7 supports ACHI outside the box. Windows 7 has the drivers on the installation disk, but still must be set up at the right time, which is not an auto installation, like hundreds of others that are loaded during the Windows operating system installation. So had the desired effect! Someone really good with AMD turned to me with a correction of his experience, mainly from the perspective of the AMD the bowels of Windows units seem to load ACHI automatically during installation of Windows as I said, my experiences were randomly and forcing the driver installation during setup ACHI has helped me in the best and worst case, cannot hurt. It would be nice that others shared their experiences with this issue, primarily shed light on this point.

I was also in doubt at the beginning of the qualifications as SSD is too low, but I was told at the OCZ forum claimed that the speed is only achieved through the ATTO test, not test different reference point. So I stopped to find ways to reach that speed read / write with other benchmarks. I just focused on reaching the required speed with said reference tool, only to find that my 3 Vertex is working normally. But even though my 3 Vertex has almost reached the claimed speed, I'm not satisfied with the overall performance. I still feel like I'm alone with 2 hard drives in RAID 0. My start is not smooth; the windows are not closing smoothly, and my email client open in the same speed as a single hard drive. And most annoying is that the hard drive LED light in my case front panel blinks every second, meaning that the three sides are working, although I'm not reading or writing data to it.