Thread: CPU fan and update utility of ASUS P8Z68-V is not working

CPU fan and update utility of ASUS P8Z68-V is not working

Hello everyone. I'm using a third party heat sink to keep my system cool and when I saved the BIOS settings to ignore the CPU fan as I wish to use the other once, I am receiving F1 error message. Because of this issue I always have to disable "Wait for the message f1" in the BIOS settings, thus adding upto 4 seconds in the boot up time of my system. So, I am interested in knowing different ways by which I can solve the issue which I have been through in recent times. Any type of help will be appreciated.

Re: CPU fan and update utility of ASUS P8Z68-V is not working

Basically, You are having some kind of issues with the BIOS of my Motherboard and it needs to be checked and repaired. If you are having issues with the current settings in your BIOS setup then I would recommend you to undo all the changes which happened to have occurred in your BIOS settings of your ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard. So, I would recommend you to flash you device and do a fresh installation of the BIOS setup in your all new ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard.

According to me updating the BIOS of your ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard might help you resolve the issue in much more efficient way. I feel that, chances are there that you Bios is outdated and that is why you are facing such kind of issue with your device. So, most probably if this is the reason and the issue, then updating the BIOS should most probably help you solve the problem. Make sure that you are provided with a good Internet connection speed, if you wish to update the BIOS without getting into more trouble.

If you ask me, I will ask you to visit the official website of Asus, as you are using the ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard in your computer system, and install the updated version of the BIOS which is currently available at the official website of Asus. The only thing you need to make sure about is that you don’t lose Internet connection in the middle of updating. As this may cause your entire system to get corrupt and malfunction. You can find the updated BIOS at the website of Asus.

Thank you guys for sharing what you thick could help me in solving my issue in a more efficient way. But I followed them all, but only with no success. Actually I forgot to mentioned that the issue started occurring more only after I update the BIOS of my ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard which I am using in my computer. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen and how possibly it can be solved. This issue is seriously irritating me at the moment. Guide me in solving d issue please.

So, you started facing the issue after upgrading your system only, then according to me the issue might be occurring because of the new changes which recently happened in your Motherboard including your BIOS and the other drivers which are installed in your computer system. In this way, you are left with only two option. Either you have to undo the update and roll back to earlier version of BIOS or you should wait for new update for the same and get the issue fixed in the new release.

Your ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard needs to receive some assistance from a professional who posses very good knowledge about the computer hardware and especially things related to the Motherboard. These professionals will be able to tell you the exact reason behind the issue of your CPU fan and update utility not working or malfunctioning. So just take your system to the nearest computer store and get the motherboard checked out for any sort of issues.