Thread: BSOD at start up with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard

BSOD at start up with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard

Hi I am using Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard since last few years, but didn’t got any problem ever before but now I am having the BSOD while starting up the machine, this is happening as I installed the windows 7 in my machine, but I am not getting actually that how it can be possible with the operating system.

It just stops sometimes in the start up screen itself, and if goes further then it happens after sometimes, but obviously randomly. Windows Start up Repair finds zilch to fix it, and this is too irritating really, any idea why this is happening?

Re: BSOD at start up with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard

See this BSOD could be occur because of so many reasons, I mean to say this is because of the hardware or might because of the software also, and according to me its always better to practice with the software only, so I think this is because of that only, thus I would recommend you that you should uninstall all the current driver that you have such as audio driver and the most vital the video driver and any other also if there is any, and make sure that you are downloading the latest driver, you can search for the latest one on the internet.

See as the above user mentioned it is because of the driver, I also have the same opinion but i would say he just forget to mentioned about the BIOS, because this is also the vital software in the machine, and after all this loads first to enable other hardware’s and the software’s, so before doing re-installation of the other you should install the latest BIOS in your machine, you get it from your motherboards respective website.

As you have mentioned that you are using the windows in your machine, thus I think this is because of that only, I am not saying that the windows always causes such a problem but the copy of the setup that you have is not proper, in other words, the copy you have might have been possible that is not perfect, some of the files might have been missing or corrupted, so windows re-installation may fix this, but this time don’t install the windows from the same disk rather you should install it with other disk, or download the fresh copy from the internet.

The above mentioned was concerning the hardware only, but if you look at the hardware they may also cause such a problems so you need to check that also, make sure that the RAM and the hard drive is connected perfectly with the motherboard, and as far as I know this is generally happens because of the RAM only, so reinserting may got the solution to your problem.

I was also having the same issue with my motherboard though I have a different hardware but still I would like to recommend you that you need to configure the Memory and Bios configurations, like if you have GSkill’s RAM I set the bios to utilize the great Memory Profile , everything else set to Auto and RAM Performance situate to standard. And make sure that the Voltage set to 1.4 otherwise if you are not getting the things you can make it auto also.

Make sure that you have not installed any inappropriate software in your machine, otherwise you’d get the same error until and unless you uninstall that software, so if you have doubt on some of the software you can simply remove them from your computer, but as this is rebooting and giving the error at the start up only, you need to do this by the safe mode, uninstall the software and then restart the machine, and see whether this is happening or not.