Thread: Windows 7 freezes and lock up with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard

Windows 7 freezes and lock up with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard

Hi, I just recently bought a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard with a sandy bridge intel i7 2600k along with this The board amendment is 1 and default bios was F3. And in my machine I am running windows 7 64 bit on my machine, but after installing it the windows get locked up and freezes randomly, generally it happens when the machine gets started, and sometime during running some application, . Anyone with an ideas why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 freezes and lock up with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard

Yeah this happens when we got a got a dissimilar drivers for the hardware that we are using, and this is the general symptoms, but this might end up with too many other reasons, so according to me you need to check for the causes that can make such a problems, but still I would suggest you that whenever you start the machine and the program that causes this problems, so you can simply uninstall them and see whether this is happens again or not.

Yeah as you have mentioned that you have installed those hardware newly, you need to upgrade the BIOS for your motherboard because, the one that you have describes seems older and off course dissimilar with the hardware that you have. So I think this is the one that is causing the problem, so I would say you need to download BIOS from the internet, and you can get then from the Gigabyte’s official website, if you didn’t get there you can search for it on the internet, and I am sure that you’ll get it, but make that you are downloading the latest one.

I was having the same problem with my hardware’s and I got that the setting in the BIOS for the hardware wasn’t made perfectly, thus I just first change them and then wasn’t having any such problem, so would recommend you that the same as set power profile to high performance, and make sure that you have disabled sleep, if not them you must do that and along with this hybrid sleep too.

I think this is not the hardware problem rather the operating system issue, and really if we don’t have a perfect copy of the setup then it can cause this kind of error in the system, so I would like to recommend you that you should try to install the operating system again in your machine, and if possible install with the another copy of the windows 7 because it might be possible that the one that you have might have been corrupted.

Ok I was having the similar issue while I had installed the inappropriate video drivers in my machine, so I think you might have the same problem, if you have any graphic card install in your machine, you need to uninstall the driver that you are using, because there are too many software’s and the programs that is not supported by the windows 7, so uninstall that and install the fresh copy of the same driver, and see if possible with the new driver.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as this might be because of the drivers only, you need to check all the drivers such as audio driver, video driver, LAN and many others. But if suppose you are having the same problem eve after installing the operating system again in the machine, you need to hire a good computer engineer to check where is the actual problem, according to me there is the problem in your hardware only, or else it would be resolved when install all such drivers.