Thread: Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3: PC restarts again after starting Windows 7

Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3: PC restarts again after starting Windows 7

I have Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 with the latest motherboard BIOS F5. But I have a problem with my PC. Sometimes, when you restart Windows, the computer will reboot again just after arriving at the "Starting Windows" message, or at the same point, it switches off (fans stop) and restart. Doing any of the above, sometimes Windows has the "Windows Error Recovery" screen with "Startup Repair Startup" or "Start Windows normally" alternative or, occasionally will start normally the Windows registry 7 on the screen. If I select to Start Windows in general", it launches Windows. So what could be the problem?

Re: Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3: PC restarts again after starting Windows 7

The first problem I see is that you have a "green" drive as a boot drive. This is not compulsory and will provide you all kind of trouble as they are designed exclusively for the storage of data. I advise you to change it with a Western Digital Black to boot. As a purely provisional delay could try adding a hard drive in the BIOS. Well you can try this since I had the same problem and this was quite effective.

The problem with trying to use the green units as boot drives is that they are designed for low power devices and as such, are always trying to "turn off". It's only slow units, in the best cases; it does not need the speed of a boot disk, and only for storage. So basically they are slow to start slowly during use and always looking to get into power saving mode. Well try it and if you have more doubts than you can ask me.

I do not agree with my friend. Green has several annoying features, one of them as soon as they are turned on at full speed and immediately had to turn down to a lower RPM to save energy. The odds of this case are what you describe. Unless you follow the advice of the DM, and even put a temporary non-green: drive C: I doubt that much further to make a settlement at least you can call us The Wombats and we suggest a little harder to find the problem!

What he said is very true, but the PSU head south as soon as we start them it is possible that a 500watt power supply to lose 25-30% of its capacity during a period of 3 + years. It is possible to supply energy, but when you've made any physical change, we are all still in the prime spot Guess so! Secondly, I stand by what you say, but I get your point of failure analysis is due to make a change and try it, if you get in the way of pure theory can improvise, you may not, that's all about choosing the most likely candidate to test the effect of technological change and discard the component if it is shown that the problem is, this gives a shorter growing list of bits that can be the problem.

As per my knowledge the problem is, I don’t think so that they contain wombats in Brazil! It might be possible that that the PSU can be the cause when the computer starts, it always consumes more power than the normal conditions and use more power then afterwards when running in general. As you say that it needs to be tested and checked again then I say go ahead and try it. Hope this helps.