Thread: Is it possible avoid reinstallation after changing the Motherboard

Is it possible avoid reinstallation after changing the Motherboard

Hello, I just changed my motherboard and PSU with a new HS in principle depending on the dealer very close in terms of features, which should, according to it I guarantee 90% chance of not having to re-install my system and my programs on HDD1. He advised me to insert the CD of the CM as soon as possible and, if problems do occur, to make a repair from the XP CD. But he did not say is that the CM has only one IDE connector (4 SATA) while my 4 drives are IDE. I am therefore obliged to go through an adapter SATA / IDE.
    1. This only will it not affect my transition without a complete re-install?
    2. If not, is it better that I connect my HDD on the IDE bus connector or a SATA adapter?

Re: Is it possible avoid reinstallation after changing the Motherboard

The procedure specified by the dealer will not? If it is not the case and prior to that I can not even think in terms of lost time which I sorely lacking these days that is re-install XP + SHIFT + all my programs and settings I made a ghost to save me the hassle such, the ghost in the trash. There would be no one or tricks to try and then I guess you will not get any such issues in future and also the problem will be solved.

In my case it is an archive stored on an external HDD but that so far I have always been obliged to transfer on my 2nd internal HDD (no OS) for to "turn" with the CD Recovery Program (Exact Image). It never worked through a USB connection to my external HDD. So I'm mostly used to put my system in order but with an OS that worked again and then allowed me to make this transfer by USB cable to my second internal HDD

I made an image of my OS HDD + program it is stored as an archive made with Exact Image on a external HDD. So far I did only served to put some order into my PC with a clean install but I could never do it from the external HDD by USB connection. It has always been first transfer the archive on my 2nd internal HDD and then boot from the Recovery CD provided by the publisher of the program so it limits its interest in the case of XP crash complete

I start in safe mode and I floundered a bit because I let myself be carried away by the windows add hardware without knowing where it was (giving as the path of the CD CM) , instead of going straight into Add / Delete and then the Device Manager to uninstall everything I could on my previous CM. So the PCI devices whose installation missed I finally realized that was my GC and my fire wire card facilities USB controller I guess for my mouse because no PS / 2 port on the CM for her and something Ethernet, memory. I then went to Add / Delete and there can not be uninstalled regard to my previous AGP CG and integrated sound card. I tried to do in normal mode, even failure; I ended up going through Windows Install Clean Up to ATI but found nothing in the list for Realtek.

Good and well I still need a helping hand please ch'ti: I disconnected the HDD that was on the OS I plugged in my IDE SATA HDD on SATA port 1, I left my recorder / DVD / CD IDE connector on the "reported" but it is no longer recognized, only my SATA HDD is, therefore, impossible to start the installation of XP. In fact I wonder if the problem is not that my drive is connected to a card "PCI SATA controller" which no longer intended to generate SATA IDE even if it has solved my problem of lack of port IDE on my new CM PCI I / O Controller, SATA Controller Card PCI / SATA Controller Card ... this is what is marked on the box basically.