Thread: Cannot enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS of HP Pavilion dv6

Cannot enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS of HP Pavilion dv6

The title says it all I am sure that you must have got a hint of the problem that I am going to say over here. See the main problem is with the bios. The thing is that I had brought the new laptop some week ago and now I want to enable the virtualization technology through the bios but the sad part is that I am not able to do that. It is really important feature for me as it helps a lot with the stidies. So I need it urgently. Any methods by which I will be able to enable it then do let me know about it. I am waiting for the results from you all. so do reply accordingly on the same. one thing that I forgot to add over here is that I am using the windows 7 operating system for my laptop.

Re: Cannot enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS of HP Pavilion dv6

Hey how come you cannot find that In the bios. Have you looked in the system configuration tab of your BIOS. If not then better check it out there and under the tab you will get the Virtualization Technology just go there and enable it. it is so simple and you don’t have to work anything on that, so that’s what I am saying here. Do work on it and let me know if you are able to find the Virtualization Technology in the BIOS. So do have a look at the same and let me know if that solution works for you or not.

Yes you are quite correct on the same even I did try the same and went to the same tab but the problem is that I could not find the enable as well as the disable option there in the bios. So that’s what the main problem is? Is it some problem with the bios version or something else. I am seriously not able to understand as if what can be the problem here. So what I am saying is that will I be able to identify the option there in the bios? Please do let me know about it. I am waiting for the solutions from you.

Seems to me some problem with the BIOS version. So that’s why it is giving you such kind of problem. Better roll back to the previous version of the bios that you were using and see if that is giving you the same problem as well. See I am saying you that the problem would be well with the version f the bios that you are using correctly otherwise situations like these rarely occur. So do look out for the suggestion that I have said here and let me know if the solution works for you or not.

Check out this update and that has solved my problem. The same is the solution that I would like to give it you as well. So check out the link and that will solve the problem for you. That is the latest version of the bios and I am sure you will get your problem solved after that. Even I tried with the same link that was suggested by one of my friend and that did the trick for me. so watch out for the same and I am sure it will be beneficial for you.

Do call the HP people regarding the same and that will solve your problem. Mostly they are aware of the issues like these and I am sure they will do something to counter attack it. that’s what I feel here. Mostly the problem is with the versions of the bios and nothing else. Many people will say that the issue is related to the windows 7 and all. that is a total rubbish that Is what I feel over here. So do look at the solutions that I have given here and even the above given link would prove beneficial to you. that is what I think over here. So do try any of the suggestions and let me know if any of them works for you.

That link helped me a lot. So thanks a lot guys for doing the efforts for me and solving out the problem for me and hence thanks a ton for the same. thanks guys I did not expect that this solution will be helpful for me. s othanks a lot guys for all the solutions that you have given here.