Thread: RAM is not working properly on new custom build system

RAM is not working properly on new custom build system

Hi friends, I have a computer. It all features are good. I am working on a system assemble but my motherboard rejects to count past 2 GB of ram. I attempted four dissimilar sticks and attempted cleaning out the slots but nothing appears to work. Strange thing is Everest presents the additional ram as installed correctly but the bios would not count it up. The board can hold up to 8 GB according to Intel’s website, so I am confused. Please tell me how can fix this problem?

Re: RAM is not working properly on new custom build system

Well, I don’t know more about it but I am telling you that what I know. First of all you will go into your BIOS then there take note of any custom settings you made. Then you will set it to Default values. And finally you will save those settings and close. Power down completely, then power up again. Let it boot all the approach up (if it will). If successful, then after you will go back into the BIOS and set your custom construct again and then after save the settings. Power down, then power on and restart.

The transfer is OK; I would almost certainly not do another one since I never shifted it from its location there was no require to have a Personal Computer that tiny. If you travel or want to move your PC I would find one, otherwise you want to be a watchmaker to work on it. It is more compact so altering components is irritated; troubleshooting this RAM issue was awful. As far as functionality, it worked great; even the onboard dual monitor card was high-quality. And it looked real cool.

I want to recommend you that I would not essentially be also concerned if it is only the BIOS count that is incorrect. It could now be a constraint of the BIOS itself. As long as Windows and Everest are looking the additional memory OK then there should not be an issue. But I want also suggest you that at the time of system build you will check the Ram. Means which type of RAM supports your motherboard. Do you know Ram is three types? so you should check the type of the RAM.

Yeah, I just seen up the bios utilizing Everest, and it is from '04 so it is pretty old-fashioned. But I do not chaos with bios flash utilities anymore because one incorrect shift can make your motherboard worthless. Strange thing is that my brother has a group of these server motherboards and he had no issue getting them to count up to 4 GB. Could decay be a problem? These boards were sitting up for a while. My video card did not work in right manner until I darned the pci express x16 slot with a boatload of contact cleaner, and it appears to work very well now. I have told you these things because some time your problem occur due to this.

Yes I attempted with only one chip either 32 MB or 64MB in any slot and system is booting and running very well. But when I utilize my new 128MB RAM only in any slot the system run very well for the first time but when given restarted either with begin key or from windows it start beeping therefore I set it off. Now yet again beginning it system goes to empty with cpu fan and hard disk running. It does not calculate my 128MB. I do on and off several times and it again started suitably. I seated the RAM correctly. I attempted all this 20 times. Now I am beginning disturb about my slot. Do I have to return my 128MB and run my system on 96 only? Any idea which I can attempt?