Thread: CPU Fan speed too high and noisy MSI 880GM-E43 with Phenom 11 X4

CPU Fan speed too high and noisy MSI 880GM-E43 with Phenom 11 X4

My system has MSI 880GM-E43 as well as Phenom II X4 955. It has a CPU heatsink. It is running properly without any problem apart from processor fan speed is so quick it sounds similar to a tornado which is about 6800 RPM. This speed is when the system at idle condition. By the use of MSI control center, I can physically decrease the fan speed to 50%, which falls it so concerning 4500 RPM. This is superior, except at rest louder than I want. There is no wrong with temperatures. Is there anything missing in my system which is causing this issue?

Re: CPU Fan speed too high and noisy MSI 880GM-E43 with Phenom 11 X4

By reducing the speed of a fan under a certain tension, you may stop or not start, because tensions fueled not specific; this is definitely to be avoided not to compromise the integrity of the cooling fan or the PC. Normally the fans leaving already low speeds tend to stop before the other as a percentage; this percentage is between 5% and 75% of rated speed. After applying one of these methods is good then checks that the fan is working properly. In case of doubt in the choice of fan or method you use, do not hesitate to ask in the forum.

xsensor is an open source program, installed from the Ubuntu software center, able to control the voltages on the motherboard, the temperature of the CPU (processor), the temperature of the mainboard (motherboard) and the speed of cooling fans . The perfect software to monitor the hardware of your PC. if you are using the Windows operating system then it is not hard to find this kind of similar software because there is already lots.

It 'important that all electronic and mechanical components are operating at appropriate temperatures. In the long run because a component that is constantly working at high temperatures takes less than a cooler component. It should also be taken into account that the temperature sensors located inside a PC can be inaccurate or stoned and is always good to keep the temperature below with a certain margin, roughly 5-10 ° C less than the specifications stated by the manufacturer.

Do you have good ventilation case: front intake fan, rear fan extraction for fresh air. Otherwise, even the best radiator in the world can do nothing if the air inside the case (and thus the air to be used by the radiator) is heated to 50 ° C Have you installed the zalman well? Often, the mistake of not tightening flat. The radiator is flawed and is not in contact with the core. You should check those things first before actually going to the hardware compatibility thing.

As far as I know that the case doesn't control the microprocessor fan; that's the work of the motherboard and additional drivers/software. Therefore I'd begin by looking by the side of options there. I believe AMD has a number of "Cool and Quiet" or somewhat similar to that to handle the augment of the CPU fan pace in relation to the CPU temperature, except I'm not an AMD user.