Thread: high temperature in BIOS with MSI 785GTM-E45

high temperature in BIOS with MSI 785GTM-E45

My computer shutdown randomly and my computer is having MSI 785GTM-E45 motherboard and processor is AMD PhenomII X4 920. I don’t know what is wrong with my computer but whenever I start the computer at that time it shows very high temperature in BIOS and in windows it shows me normal temperature. Now please tell me what is wrong with my computer. Is there anything wrong with my motherboard or BIOS.

Re: high temperature in BIOS with MSI 785GTM-E45

I think the problem which you are facing is occurring because of the BIOS and updating the BIOS can fix the issue. You can update your BIOS in many ways. You can use the USB stick to update the BIOS by making it bootable USB flesh drive. By creating BIOS update CD or DVD also you can update the BIOS. First you have to download the BIOS update file from internet in to your system and after that BIOS update USB driver or DVD and update the BIOS.

Normally when our computer start getting shutdown or restart automatically it is either a problem of overheating or it is a problem of RAM and as you have said that your computer is showing more temperature then think it is a problem of overheating. To solve this problem you have to put some amount of Thermal Compound on CPU and after applying that start the computer again. Now after doing that you will not get any problem with your computer.

I have tried to solve the problem by updating the BIOS and after that my BIOS is still showing me the high temperature and my computer is still restarting randomly. Now after that I have also checked my RAM and there is nothing wrong with my RAM. I have also tried to solve this by applying Shin Etsu G 749 Thermal Compound on my CPU and after that my computer worked fine for some time and after that start giving me the same problem. is there any other way to solve this problem.

I have gone through your post and I think you have there might be something wrong with your CPU cooler connection and that is why you are facing this problem. First check whether your CPU cooler is mounted correctly or not. try to remove it and mount it properly in your system and you have to also check that whether your CPU heatspreader is not damaged. If it is damaged then you need to change it and after that your problem will get solved.

I have tried to fix this issue by applying the Thermal Compound on my CPU and after that also I was getting the same problem. I have also checked whether my cooler is properly mounted or not and at that time I came to know that my cooler is damaged and it is not working properly and that Is why I have tired different cooler in my computer and after that I didn’t get the same problem so I changed the cooler and now things are going well.