Thread: Does MSI 790GX-G65 motherboard support AMD Phenom II X6 1100t

Does MSI 790GX-G65 motherboard support AMD Phenom II X6 1100t

I am currently running my system with the MSI 790GX-G65 motherboard. I am planning to buy AMD Phenom II X6 1100t processor. Before doing this I desire to know whether it will be support with my motherboard. I have gone through lots of the site but nothing helped me regarding the issue of mine. Finally I found this forum which I like the most. So posting my query here to get the solution of my issue. So do post the solution so I can take a decision on it.

Re: Does MSI 790GX-G65 motherboard support AMD Phenom II X6 1100t

In this condition, it is finest to have a chat with people on the motherboard MSI support for your system. Since it is that builds the BIOS as well motherboard and therefore is the only definite source who could answer all your questions. So I assume in this situation, you better have a talk with them and inquire one of the motherboard better than the model of your suite. So I think this is a very simple for you. So having a chat with them and let us recognize if that helps in this situation.

I think it is a better option to have a chat with them. If you ask me then I rather say MSI 790GX G65 motherboard would be companionable with this processor and you could use your system. The reason I say this is because it is well-suited with all Socket AM3 and therefore also support 1100T too. Even the ram seems compatible with the motherboard. So that's my implication for you. Have a look at all the suggestions given to me here. I'm sure it will work with you.

I asked them about it and I found that this processor is not supported with this motherboard. I know this processor is quite nice but finally I can definitely say that you cannot use this processor on your existing motherboard. Actually MSI people in future might release update news whether this processor is supported for this board. So if you really want to go with this processor and not able to have new board then you have to wait for some time.

Well looking at this support site even I am wondering myself that this processor is not yet compatible with this board. So there is no chance rather than update. Well if there would be update available then you just have to upgrade the BIOS firmware. In order to use the processor ahead you take a firmware of BIOS from official site of MSI and then perform the update to work with it. This information would be helpful to you for future use.

l33t Re: Does MSI 790GX-G65 motherboard support AMD Phenom II X6 1100t

if u say the 1100T x6 won't work in this board, this right here? atatched to my keyboard? u either don't have one or it really didn't work. ///////upDATES folks are everything! BioS ; Binary Operating System update update update. Get sum latest from Live Update 4, this board has many new goodies' in the bios far superior than it came. Not updating your drivers, windows, or bios will lead to nothing but the gas $ to return it or ANY product ""incompatale"" when it was a 10 min download away.