Thread: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH in ASUS P8P67 Pro

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH in ASUS P8P67 Pro

I have assembled my computer by using ASUS P8P67 Pro mother board and Intel i5 2500k CPU. In my computer I have used WD Caviar Black 1TB hard drive with G.Skill DDR3 PC3-17066 2133MHz ram. I have also installed ATI HIS HD2600XT dual link dvi graphics card in my computer. When I try installing windows in my computer at that time I get the blue screen of death. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH in ASUS P8P67 Pro

There might be problem with your windows installation disk and that is why you are getting the blue screen of death problem in your computer. Try to install the widows from different CD and after that check whether you are getting any problem or not. I think after doing that you will not get blue screen of death. If you still get the same problem then I think there is something wrong with your computer only. If you want any more information then let me know.

Try to install the windows in your computer after changing the SATA operation in Compatible mode. If want to do this then you can follow this procedure. First go to your BIOS setting. Now after going in to the BIOS setting you have to select the advance tab and after that you have to select SATA controller mode and then hit enter. Now you will get the AHCI and Compatibility mode. Now you have to select the Compatibility mode and after that press escape and select the save and exit option. After that try to install the windows in your computer.

If you are not able to install the windows in your computer by using the windows CD then I think you have to do this method to fix this problem. As you have specified all the configuration in your post about your computer and after reading that I have found that all your hardware is new and I think you should first detach all the parts from your computer and after that attach it again properly and after doing that try to install the Windows again. Some time due to wrong connection also you can face this kind of problem.

I have tried to install the windows by using the different installation CD and after that also I was facing the same problem and after that I have also tried to install the windows by using my USB flesh drive but it didn’t make any difference. I have also tried to install the windows by after turning on the Compatibility mode of my SATA controller but that method also disappointed. Is there any way to get rid of this problem then please suggest me? Thank you in advance.

I have one solution to fix this problem. First you have to download the KillDisk application from the internet, you will get this in zip file. Now after that extract that in one folder and then you will get the KillDisk ISO file. Now you have to burn this ISO file in to one CD or DVD and after that insert in your CD/DVD Rom again. Now after that restart the computer and BOOT your system with that CD. After that format all the partition and then try to install the windows.

The tool which you mentioned in your above post for solving this problem was really helpful for me. I have downloaded that KillDisk in my computer and after that I have burned the CD of its ISO file. After burning the CD I have inserted it in my CD ROM and then I have restarted the computer and after that I have wiped my whole HDD by using that CD. Now after trying that all the problems have solved in my computer. Thank you so much for helping me.