Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System hangs using MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

System hangs using MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

I recently purchased MSI NF750 G55 motherboard and also upgraded my computer with few more components. I am using windows 7 operating system and nowadays I am facing freezing problem with my computer. Sometimes I get a BSOD, while sometimes the system gets hang at any time, all this is happening randomly. I am not able to track the exact problem for this and even I am new to these stuffs so please help me in finding the exact problem and also to solve the same.

Re: System hangs using MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

Well I think that this problem might have come up due to the RAM CHIP which is installed on the memory module of your mother board. So for that you have to test your RAM Chip. There might be a loose connection; I mean RAM might not be installed properly on the mother board. So you need to open your computer case very cautiously with the aid of screwdriver, if required. After then take out the RAM and then clean and then attach it on its place. I hope this solves your problem.

I believe that in this case this problem is approaching because of various malware attacks that have been caused on your computer. So for that I would merely suggest you to include a complete computer scan with some nice antivirus. You need to run this scan while starting your computer normally and also in safe mode. I guess that it is a obvious case of the Virus, so by performing scan definitely you will be able to get free of the malware from your computer. So let me know whether this worked in your case.

I have found that most of the users get this type of problem. I guess this is happening due to overheating of the processor which is executing more processes. The processor handles more tasks might be you are performing multitasking or your system is ON for longer hours and thus it generates plenty of heat inside your case. So in order to control this you need to have extra fans and also try to keep your cabinet open so that heat gets blown out of it.

The freezing or BSOD might occur on your computer if the drivers on your computer are not proper or not up to date. So for this you have to update entire drivers which may include chipset, BIOS or probably the windows update of your operating systems. Thus go and download all the possible updates of each driver or software version and I guess doing this would help you and probably solve the freezing problem or BSOD problem.

I have found that there might be an operating system issue. I mean that the needed system files might be missing or would have got corrupted and thus OS is not able to get this needed files and causing this BSOD or freezing problem when trying to start particular service. So you should try to repair your operating system files by using your windows bootable disc, this would not remove your data; it would just reinstall the files and repair all the issues.

Well according to me this system freezing issues could be fixed by doing some of the weekly task on your computer. First of all you should run a disk clean up, this would remove all the unnecessary files from your computer and would free up some disk space. Then you need to defrag your hard drive, to accumulate all the files on one side. All this you can find from your computer properties. So do these tasks and remove the freezing issues from your computer.

I have tried all of your posted ideas and let me be the first to say that none of them have worked. it is a freezing at any time problem and I still have not found a cure for it yet. I too thought it could be a bios upgrade thing, the original version was 1,20 on the disc that came with the board, I upgraded to the latest version 1.70 and it to did not stop the freezing.
    just for specs its a MSI NF750-G55 motherboard with 8 gigs of Kingston hyperx memory, 700 watt PS, NVidia gtx 650 superclocked pcie graphics card, and a phenom2 dual core 955 processor in a hal 922 case with lots of fans for cooling lol. if anyone else has tried any other ideas to figure out why this rig freezes please post your suggestions.
    Thanks

Hi Strangeone,

Can you please tell us, before the freezing of your system, was it working fine before? When did you start to get the freezing issue? Is this a new system that you have or an old one? Do you get any kind of error message, check in event viewer to get more information. The freezing problem could be a RAM problem, so try to test each stick of RAM and see if you get anything.

I will also advice you to test out the ram. For that you can use Memtest. It is a bootable utility that scan memory for errors. You can download it from web and burn it on a DVD. Freezing issue can be be associated with hardware fault. Does your system works well when you are in BIOS. If it does not freezes in it, then surely the issue is with the memory. Just boot your system via Memtest disc and whether you are getting any memory errors or not.

cool Re: System hangs using MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

Well the system is been in service for some time, I just replaced the memory thinking that it may be at fault, I had 2 gigs of OCZ memory (2 sticks) and thinking that maybe I didn't have enough ram, so I bought 2 new sticks of Kingston hyper X ( 2 sticks at 4 gigs each). My son played Diablo 3 last night for hours without any problems, and then out of the blue it just froze up again. I haven't checked the error log yet, but will do it tonight after I finish my work for the day.
    And by the way, I replaced the power supply at the same time as the memory because I had installed a new graphics card that took more power than the current power supply was capable of. but the old power supply was good when I checked it with a good power supply tester. and yes the freezing problem was there with the graphics card I took out, I was trying everything I could think of that might be causing the freezing.

Strangeone,

Can you please tell us what is the make and model of the Power Supply as well as the Graphics card that you have? After the freezing happens do you get any error message? You said that after playing the game for sometime, the freezing occured, so did you check the temperature of your CPU or graphics card, how much is it, could be a overheating problem.

Hi T.J. The power supply is a antec 700w, and the graphics card is a EVGA GTX 650 super clocked. I didn't get a chance to check temps. But I really don't think its an overheating problem, Its my sons computer and he was having a late night diablo 3 session, but its a little weird that sometimes it freezes right after start up and then sometimes it freezes after running for hours. He tried installing google chrome again just to see if it would freeze right away after installing it, and it did. It makes me think that it could be a software conflict somewhere. The machine has a brand new hard drive as well, so there is not much on it yet as far as games or information. Just most of what Microsoft installs when you do a clean install, I did put live essentials and Microsoft security suite in it. Its funny that it seems like a switch is thrown and it just freezes.

Strangeone,

Can you try to disable the Active Power Phase in the BIOS settings and see if your computer doesnt hangs or crashes now. Also, it would be also good if you can do a BIOS update and see if that helps.

hey T.J.
    Disabled the active phase control in the bios, going to give it a run and see what happens.
    As for the bios, I updated it when I first started having problems, it was at 1.2 and now its up to `1.7. I told my son to give it sometime in game and see if it holds, will let you know.
    Thanks again
    Strange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast