Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System hangs using MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

Re: System hangs using MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

Strangeone,

So have you disabled the active phase control in the bios, what result you got? Also, I would recommend you to remove all the video card drivers from your pc with the help or Revo Uninstaller software, it will remove all the traces of the graphics driver. After that download the latest driver from the nvidia website and then install it in your pc.

Well guys, We have found the problem with my case on the freezing of this mobo, after all the great advise you guys have given me I think I found the problem in my case. Get this, from blowing out of the dust and regular dirt that gets inside of ones computer case, some of that dirt got behind the processor and caused a short. The processor was a phenom 2 which I believed was a x4 955 ( CPUID showed this) was actually a x2 555. I kept looking for the box that showed me that I had changed my sons processor to a four core and I could not find it, so I pulled the fan and heat sink and cleaned off the processor and looked to be sure, and sure enough I had not changed his chip out, that's when I found dirt and dust on the pins. so we cleaned it all up, reset the bios and put some new thermal grease on the chip and reinstalled the fan and heat sink. upon fire up of the computer the processor was recognized and all is running well as of this post. Like always, its the last thing you would think that it would be! once again, THANK YOU ALL for all the great advise on solving this problem.
    Strangeone

Hi Strangeone,

I knew that it could be a possible heating problem created by the loss of thermal paste on the CPU. In any case, I am glad that you have solved the case and all is working fine for you. I would also suggest that if you are planning to play games on it regularly then also use a CPU cooler inside the computer case which will keep the temperature below the mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12