Thread: K8T Master2-FAR does not start

K8T Master2-FAR does not start

I purchased a new computer few weeks back and taken out the previous K8T Master2-FAR as of my case to place fresh one. Therefore all the things goes fine on this side. Though, I have attempted to put the previous board within an old case to build type of server that was intended for testing. Subsequent to installation, I tried to begin it but nothing happens. This is very strange with this. Please tell me that what can be the possible reason for this. Thank you for your reply in advance.

Re: K8T Master2-FAR does not start

There is one trick that you can try and see if that works for you. All you have to do is strip the computer on a cardbox and after that put the ram, video card, processors on that. See if that solves the issue for you. I am not very certain that this will resolve the problem but you can try it once for sure that what it can do for you. I wish you will be out of the issue soon.

It can be the problem with the CMOS. If you want to check that then you can simply clear the CMOS and if the problem is due to the CMOS then this time you will not get that problem. Other than this you should also check that if you have connected the CPU power properly or not. Or is memory REG-ECC? I would like to tell you that it will not work with ECC. You can reply back if this is not the case for you.

This looks like bad contact. I mean that the motherboard that you are using might be broken and that is the cause that you are getting this problem. You should check the CPU's for bent pins. If that is the case then you can move to the solution accordingly. Other than this, if any of the power supplier is having more than 35A at 12V then you will need that for the system that you are using. I wish that this post will be helpful to you in any manner.

You should check if the floppy drive light is remaining on. If that is the case then you should overturn the cable. How many sticks of RAM do you have? If only one try the first slot. If two try the first and the third slot. Try using one stick of RAM and move it to the first slot. Try each slot with one stick of RAM in it. This is the basic test that you should try in such cases and see if that helps you. Thank you.

Was reading my book and says the far2 only compatible with 244 series and later. That may have been his problem. I also learned from the separators in my case it was a short in the motherboard that also contribute to system problems. Also, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a power supply for me. I have a 550W power supply that runs an opteron well, but fall into a second and not start. This could also be due to my 'awesome' Buffalo PC3200 memory. For some reason I cannot boot with two channels. Only runs on a single channel. Sorry if this post is somewhat unclear. I wonder if anyone has any advice.