Thread: Need suggestions on Dual PCI-E 8800GTS Graphics Card compatibility with K9ND Speedster motherboard.

Need suggestions on Dual PCI-E 8800GTS Graphics Card compatibility with K9ND Speedster motherboard.

I've been having problems with a motherboard K9ND in another topic, I had to return. I just bought another K9ND Speedster motherboard and wonder. Has anyone had a PCI-E Dual graphics card setup with K9ND Speedster, as I looked at the signatures of the majority of workstations up posters Server K9ND plates, and realize that only has 1 PCI- I installed? Does Dual PCI-E 8800GTS cards work properly on the motherboard K9ND Speedster, as he had feared the code 12 "not enough memory resources, disable one of the devices, when I had installed on the front plate.
    I really hope I can run my 2 8800GTS XXX graphics card with my new MSI Speedster K9ND when it arrives before Christmas, hopefully, as I have 3 or 4 screens with game graphics.

Re: Need suggestions on Dual PCI-E 8800GTS Graphics Card compatibility with K9ND Speedster motherboard.

Hello friend, I and my friend each have a system based sprinter running two NVIDIA graphics cards. This board supports SLI dual graphics cards in SLI mode and no configuration is determined by the Nvidia control panel or through the desktop properties / Settings / Advanced / whatever card model that is running type interesting form having no jumper or BIOS setting, but that's how it's done!

Re: Need suggestions on Dual PCI-E 8800GTS Graphics Card compatibility with K9ND Speedster motherboard.

Well, I suggest you to have a different hard drive and try a fresh install of XP and just watch what is happening. Or, I should just need to call Microsoft to reactivate. However, just to prove that it is not necessary to fully activate and pay for it, it can also make use for 30 days, anyways. Well, I have not tested as usual, but I prefer to try and see what happens. I hope this solves the problem.

Well, I intentionally avoided dealing with a new installation of Windows XP Pro, since I'm not sure that will fix the problem after doing a lot of research on this problem. Try clearing the CMOS. I've used both graphics cards in SLI configuration in an ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI and the cards that seem to work, but I've been looking at the GPU-Z and his only reporting 4095MB cards to take and some different details others. It could be that both cards are not installed inside the windows properly, but then it could be something else. Remove the card is currently working, and run the other, checking the BIOS information from the graphics card is the same, could be the BIOS has changed or something in one of the cards.

Well best of my knowledge the reason for the question might be: Conflict in IRQ, DMA, memory address ranges, or a corrupt MPS table. Therefore I suggest you to contact MSI Technology on their website or you can email them and explain the problem, big change to be resolved with the new BIOS. I really hope, however MSI technology solves your problem. So just try to see if your issue is resolved.

You are using the Speedster and not Speedster2, isn’t it! Currently, you have set up the 8 MB chip with 2 Opteron 2218s so you do not require 8 MB chip. Why not try the 4mb chip set up again? That is a different bios should support sli with no problems. I also think the manager who said on more than one position, the board is completed with an SLI bridge, you should know that just because there is a SLI Bridge does not mean it works.

I think this is related to the BIOS, and how to configure the board to address video. Perhaps this particular type of cards, because the BIOS to the need to provide additional memory resources to function properly, and the motherboard is just not configured to deal with it now. Most of the problems I read about the evolution of 8800GTS graphics card and the error code 12, which is rectified with an updated BIOS, so I hope that MSI will release a fix for this problem of the bios.