Thread: How to Raid setup option in MSI 790GX-GD70?

How to Raid setup option in MSI 790GX-GD70?

I have a MSI 790GX-GD70 board offers raid in two different ways. F6 AMD 750 drivers or JMB322 utility setup. I want to install OS but before that I have to setup a raid before using F6. But In this case I have never used the JMB322 SATA 7/8 before. I have a problem that how to setup a raid USING THE JMB322 SATA 7/8. Do I have to install the drives on 7/8...? Or I have to Install Operating System without F6... then I think so that you have to install utility for JMB322... and then setup my Raid? Firstly put one driver in 7 and after the OS has been installed you have to put the other driver in the 8 ... Install utility program and setup the Raid from 0 or 1? Do I also have to turn my Raid/IDE or AHCI and Drive booster in the Bios? I'm confused by the second option, and am considering using Drive booster Raid with 7/8… please help me in doing this.

Re: How to Raid setup option in MSI 790GX-GD70?

I would like to suggest you that if you want to high the performance and if you don’t care about the files safety or long levity you can use the possibility of moving the raid to the next system where you can use the RAID0. Otherwise you are not able to use this. And you do not have to absolutely get to have a raid setup at all. I think so that you cannot add the disk afterwards with the RAID0. From the start the BIOS and the eventually windows will need to be aware of the configuration.

I would like to recommend you that you first do some reading on the raid, the reading seems that it is the hardware and it is a better choice. Consider software RAID JBOD from the windows itself as it is a controller independent and it is also does trim’s I think so that you don’t have to mess with the drivers either you can let it grow by adding the drivers that is your choice.

From the discussions going on I would like to recommend you that put your operating system on the SSD when you get it and don’t worry about the RAID. After that you can use your 120GB hard disks for storage. I think so that you are running XP but you have mentioned F6. For my 880 MSI board I used the SATA ports 7/8 for my raid 0 using two WD SATA hard disks.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the questions and the suggestions given to you the suggestions are quite systematic and I am assuming that the problem has been solved with you if not then you can search it on the official site of MSI where you will get number of motherboards so I would recommend you to go on the site of the MSI and find your problem

I would like to recommend you that you should go on the internet and search on the google site you will get some of the information regarding this topic or you will get the videos regarding this topic because when I saw the topic I myself saw the video and in that video it was suggested nicely.