Thread: K9ND Speedster WA6 doesn’t recognize the dual channel

K9ND Speedster WA6 doesn’t recognize the dual channel

I’ve MSI K9ND Speedster WA6 motherboard and in that I am running BIOS v2.10, 4 x 4GB Silicon DDR2 667MHZ ECC REG RAM and a Tagan 900W PSU, and everything was working great while I run the memory in single channel, but while I switch to dual channel, system at some point stops working and gives blue screen and restart itself, I have search on net about this problem on the net but didn’t got any proper solution as I am not able to use my PC properly, need suggestion this.

Re: K9ND Speedster WA6 doesn’t recognize the dual channel

Hey are you talking about the BSOD or what? Because this might be occur due to many issues. Thus for that you have to check for too many issues, because it may have hardware or software issue. But it seem as I read your question, you have some hardware problem, I would suggest you that you should try to start the machine only through one memory, and if suppose you get started the it might have problem in the memory only, you should change that first.

See it might be possible that you have the faulty motherboard or the faulty processor, you should check both of them before starting up In the dual mode. Because it may damage other hardware also due to this problem, and as you have mentioned that you get the blue screen after sometimes, them it seems it is BSOD only, thus I would suggest you that you should reinstall all the drivers regarding the all the hardware that you’re using.

Are you aware about some restriction for using the dual channel, Otherwise I would like to suggest you that first, remember one thing about this whenever you load the windows in the dual mode, you must have to have the Ram from the same manufacturer with the same number of chips, otherwise it would give numerous error while you load on dual channels, thus first make sure that you have the same RAM, I mean to say from the same manufacturer.

See, I would suggest you that first of all you need to check whether your motherboard support the dual channel memory, because as far as I know you must have two memory controller in order to take advantage of the dual memory, and I am sure and almost agree with the above user That you are having the two different memory, and what the main thing about this is whenever the manufacturer build such a RAM’s they make it in such a way that the user would have it in the identical one package.